• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. Xienen

Code Server crash Accessed null class context 'bPhysicsAnimUpdate'

I definitely agree with Marco...looks like a mismatch...those errors aren't typical errors.
  2. Xienen

KF2 hopes

Seriously? Are these just servers running this flag? We tested it with the client on multiple machines and ran into a variety of crashes, though iirc, a select few machines never had issues with it.
  3. Xienen

KF2 hopes

We actually tried this with Killing Floor, but it actually caused instability. We explored it a bit and found that a number of applications had troubles with this flag, so we dropped it and accepted the unfortunate limitation. I'm assuming you meant TWI should build a new game on UE3, not...
  4. Xienen

KF2 hopes

This is true, they did put out 64-bit binaries of the Steamworks DLLs. Unfortunately, those DLLs were just skeletons, as they had not yet ported all of their 32-bit code over to being 64-bit safe, yet, which I believe is why they said "for upcoming titles". Last time I tried to work with the...
  5. Xienen

KF2 hopes

To be more accurate, Unreal Engine 2.5 is a 32-bit binary file which means that it can only directly address 4GB of memory(or 2 to the 32nd power). Back in Windows 95 or 98, Microsoft opted to share the memory space of all hardware in your machine, which used to mean that you could pretty much...
  6. Xienen

Why was the whitelist removed?

Is this thread no longer up to date? http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=34416
  7. Xienen

Why was the whitelist removed?

The whitelist was definitely a double edged sword. Without it, maps with invisible walls allow people to just stand there spamming rockets or just about anything else under the sun. With it, however, mappers have to wait for their map to get on the whitelist before anyone wanted to play it...
  8. Xienen

Dear Tripwire

Miss me? ;)
  9. Xienen

Ex-KF programmer needs help...

Meh, don't even pay him any attention :D I appreciate your support and that's all that matters...haters are gonna hate ;)
  10. Xienen

Much appreciated, Nomad!
  11. Xienen

Ex-RO2 programmer needs help...

I'll be honest with you guys, it's not looking good at this point, but I truly appreciate all of the support! On a side note, it looks like eM* got banned from the forums anyway, so to hell with him :D We are working on a new game that should be available in limited form later this year and be...
  12. Xienen

Ex-RO2 programmer needs help...

I do believe that you're right in most cases, but there are niche games(like Break Blocks) that aren't very likely to get the masses all excited to the extent that more "mainstream" style games(like Project Zomboid) do. Consequently, I don't believe that Break Blocks is going to drum up enough...
  13. Xienen

Thanks for your support, guys =)
  14. Xienen

Should findings be taken seriously?

Funny you should mention that...we've done that in the past and laughed our butts off when it was found and all the speculation started spreading...until someone pointed out the obviousness of the joke =)
  15. Xienen

Garena anyone?

Yeah, but not everyone has access to the port forwarding on their firewall. There is certainly a place for VPN based matchmaking, but honestly, the majority of the time it is just used for pirated copies of games(not that I don't believe you guys, I'm just talking statistically).
  16. Xienen

One hell of an update we got here (feedback)

This is the beauty of Killing Floor...new content comes out, some people complain(sometimes understandably), but the majority of the community is just happy to have something different for a time to spice up the game a little bit for a little while. The KF community is amazing and Tripwire(I...
  17. Xienen

Would it be worth doing another community beta?

I know this is a dead thread, but due to my general inactivity on these forums, I had to respond now that I've finally visited this section of the forums again: Well, because I don't work at Tripwire anymore, it'd have to be without me. I mean, if I had time I'd love to do it from a fanboi...
  18. Xienen

Would it be worth doing another community beta?

Another community beta? without me? :p
  19. Xienen

I'd like to just say "Bravo" to the KF Community

You can download the demo of the game and check the sounds directory after you install it(there's a subdirectory per voiced character) or you could purchase the game for $1.00 to get all of the character voices =D
  20. Xienen

I'd like to just say "Bravo" to the KF Community

Thanks for your support, guys. It is going pretty well...we're currently working out the details of our second game while porting Break Blocks to iOS. I can't go and quit my day job just yet, but we'll get there =) On the voice acting question, BenioX, my wife and her friend took care of the...