• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. I

What is 3rd person in Practice Mode for?

you can also use f4 for 3rd person in multiplayer if you're a passenger in a halftrack as well I've been playing this again during the day on weekends on that russian server, its almost always full, 50 person CA. this game is still so much ****ing fun
  2. I

[Game] Steam X-Mas Sales - What'chu Got?

if you're lucky, you'll get one server with the normal game mode and 8-10 people on it's incredibly fun in small doses EDIT:actually, just played a ~1hr game now, 26 players (all human!) on a hunt server. most fun I've had in a game in quite some time tbh. although there were a fair number of...
  3. I

[Game] Steam X-Mas Sales - What'chu Got?

waiting for a 50%+ sale on age of chivalry and air buccaneers otherwise, nothing really interests me tbh still playing ostfront every now and then, and the occasional game of the ship and tf2.
  4. I

Small ammount of players

YES RO required skill. yes it was realistic, but I think the primary appeal, at least for those who played religiously, was that you actually had to master the mechanics and the "cheesyness" (pop up rifling, the EXTREMELY fun melee system) to actually become a good player. and this skill...
  5. I

[Game] Best RTS Evar!

eu3+expansions is kind of RTS, except you can pause (you can pause in RoN as well, right? haven't played that game in at least ten years but I LOVED it back in the day) age of empires 1, 2, and mythology lotr:bfme2:rotwk
  6. I

Day Z, a zombie survival mod for ARMA2

i just got this game recently, and while it is really, really fun, i do agree with the dm sentiments. is there a ro forum private server?
  7. I

[Game] The "what are you currently playing?" thread #2

if you dont mind the ping, the russian server is full pretty much all afternoon EST. I played on OF 2-3 times in the last week at night (like 10+ est) and there were at least 25-30 people on
  8. I

[Game] The "what are you currently playing?" thread #2

ostfront-OF have had their server populated a few times in the past few weeks, and the game is still so much ****ing fun mount and blade warband tf2 civ5 gods and kings-much better than civ5 when came out, has the "one more turn" aspect of civ4, although so far military is really toned down due...
  9. I

remove mounted MGs, add more time in classic mode

well, something does have to be done so that defense doesnt almost always win in classic. its not nearly as easy as in ost to shoot MGs with the suppression in this game-in ost pop up rifling was really easy and it helped with the balance actually
  10. I

remove mounted MGs, add more time in classic mode

this is the primary reason, imho, why defenders win what seems like over 90% of the time in classic mode. tbh, removing this and adding like 5 or so minutes to every map would greatly help with balance. right now, reinforcement number doesnt matter since the map time always runs out beforehand...
  11. I

Why is classic mode so dead?

defense wins seemingly 80-90% of the time regardless of the map attackers should get like 20ish more reinforcements, and the time for every map should be bumped up by 5 minutes or so. that way, reinforcements actually matter like they did in ostfront. right now running out rarely affects the game
  12. I

"Counterattack" Mapping Contest for RO2

Leningrad remake :is2:
  13. I

bring back the ostfront voices

spamming "v-2-2" aka nein or nikatyet, was an integral part of the ostfront experience for both me and my clanmates(and im sure for others as well). we would greatly appreciate it if, somehow, you could replace the german and russian voices for some of the commands (such as yes, no, heavy tank...
  14. I

Action servers are full

i REALLY like evilhobo's quote in your sig. it's so true
  15. I

[Movie] Game of Thrones

16. I

Constant Negativity DESTROYS TWI/RO2 Community

constant negativity exists because we care. if we didnt care, there would be no negativity as everyone would have left. speaking of which, a lot of people already have left... i know that classic mode is good so far, but the "casual" mode pretty much took away almost all the goodwill twi had...
  17. I

Red Orchestra 2: More players?

hopefully ro classic mode will bring back most of the disgruntled ostfront veterans. that alone will probably push it up by a few hundred a night, since a lot of us ostfront players played roost religiously back in the day
  18. I

Ummm....you should play the RO Classic beta

this is definitely a huge step in the right direction. almost what I thought hoes would be like when it came out :IS2:
  19. I

Post your desktop.

20. I

Tell me why.

took long enough:IS2: