• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. Karabiner98k

Karabiner 98K

You called?
  2. Karabiner98k

Beta/Final Release Servers

The server files will probably be free; you won't have to pay Tripwire to run a server.
  3. Karabiner98k

I'll Show You Mine If You'll Show Me Yours (Part Deux)

Currently my only military gun: A second model Pattern 1853 Enfield, this particular one made in 1856 by Thomas Turner's of Birmingham. Hopefully I'll get shooting it soon.
  4. Karabiner98k

Bolt Action Variety (and a tiny bayonet question)

I wish to use my bayonet like this.
  5. Karabiner98k

American Civil war RO2 mod?

The Enfield Musketoon wasn't particularly common in the ACW (I'm not sure it was used at all, there were certainly 2 band carbines though). I shoot black powder, and it takes no way near a minute to reload an Enfield or Springfield rifle musket. Anyway, you can always pull a Stonewall and "Give...
  6. Karabiner98k

The best war film ever made ,is...

Paths of Glory is excellent. However, submarines and aircraft were used in the American Civil War and the first true machine gun was used by the British in colonial wars in Africa before World War 1. As far as war films go I'm a big fan of Downfall, Black Hawk Down and Master and Commander.
  7. Karabiner98k

American Civil War Sesquicentennial

I play the fife myself (and the banjo). The fife is damn hard to play. I'd like to point out the difference between the steel stringed, fretted banjos often heard in these versions of American Civil War and antebellum songs and the banjos actually played back then. There's a replica of a...
  8. Karabiner98k

IS 2 greatest tank of ww2

What about Brazil? I don't know of any war crimes commited by them.
  9. Karabiner98k

Between The States

How about naming the mod Battle Cry of Freedom? A song that was popular in both the North and South.
  10. Karabiner98k

American Civil war RO2 mod?

I believe someone posted about an ACW mod a while back. IMO it most certainly wouldn't need cavalry or artillery, and a game showing smaller skirmishes would be great fun. I shoot muzzle loaders and they're not "hard to load" at all, and would add a different sort of gameplay emphasising melee...
  11. Karabiner98k

RO2 Keys ''Ease of use''

I agree. It's great being able to press either button and knowing that you'll always switch to your other gun.
  12. Karabiner98k

RO2 Keys ''Ease of use''

CoD4 does this well, where 1 and 2 are bound to rifle and pistol and pressing either key switches between them. Then there is also Source engine games where a button ("Q" by default) switches between the last two weapons you used.
  13. Karabiner98k

Will snipers/marksmen get camo coats and wrapped rifles?

I agree with this. As far as I've seen in RO, maps without scoped rifles (some quite large maps) don't have any balance issues due to the lack of "snipers". The ranges fought at are still generally short enough that a rifleman who has practised for a little bit can pick off anyone who is holding...
  14. Karabiner98k

Between The States

My day has been made :o. I'll try and help you some time.
  15. Karabiner98k

In-game watch on wrist, press 'Key' to look...

I don't think they would have been that common with enlisted soldiers - and they were quite fragile, so I'd imagine that some people would take them off to stop them getting banged up on their wrists.
  16. Karabiner98k

old weapons for russians troups

Of course! We already have the MkB42
  17. Karabiner98k

Anti-tank rifle vs infantry

I thought he meant more grains of powder, generally causing a higher velocity (depending on which powder of course).
  18. Karabiner98k

what mods would you like to see for ro hos?

As a person from the UK I think an American Civil War mod would be amazing, and I'd definately support something like that :IS2:.
  19. Karabiner98k

General Firearm Discussion

Don't forget about the Colt SAA. Hickok45 has a good video on his channel for the 100th anniversary of the m1911.