• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. K

idea to get more players

I am completely for this. RO's fresh and realistic portrayal of WW2 could make a campaign mode very enticing...particularly if the Axis was playable too, which of course would create all kinds of moral conflicts and dynamics in the story. It would be a lot different from the usual...
  2. K

Hip shooting

Show us, don't tell us.
  3. K

People you want to rifle butt smack

Hey, we were all newbies once!...But we are derailing the thread, so if you wish to continue discussion, we should probably do so elsewhere
  4. K

Fear of death, what methods are there?

Um...what? One life would indeed be disaster. That's why I didn't advocate it. :confused: It's a decent solution, but I don't see much wrong with RO the way it is currently. What exactly does this fix? It seems to me players are just getting extra rewards for teamplay, which is a good idea, but...
  5. K

Fear of death, what methods are there?

In all honesty, I think "fear of death" is unnecessary and would not fix any perceived problems with gameplay. Here are a few of my reasons, and some questions I would pose to you. When you penalize a player for getting killed or putting themselves in dangerous situations, they will get...
  6. K

Anyone who has played CS can tell you it's very difficult.
  7. K

What irks me the most is how these folks rely on comedy gimmicks rather than explaining why they don't like the game - I.E., that Yakov bit, or the gameplay clips they ran with the whiny player complaining about reloading (or no crosshair, or whatever.)
  8. K

FPS's shouldn't be fragfests for twitchgamers! Can they get that into their heads?
  9. K

Hip shooting

Just read the May patch changelog. There is nothing in there at all pertaining to weapon sway or hipshooting. Sure you're not imagining this?
  10. K

What's so hard about using a bolt?

I realize this is a touchy topic, and I'm not trying to start up a flamewar or anything. I should also point out that I typically play a rifleman. During any iteration of these "bolt-action rifle vs. SMG" debates, someone always refers to the "challenge of playing a bolter" - or something to...
  11. K

women soldiers

Agreed. This position is more than a little hypocritical - shooting a virtual male soldier is okay, shooting a virtual female soldier is taboo? That's awfully shaky moral ground. Violence is violence, whether the victim has two X chromosomes or an X and a Y. Child soldiers are a different...
  12. K

Laying UNDERNEATH a tank?

Well, you should have shot him! See how that armor holds up against death from below. ;)
  13. K

Has RO reached perfection?

Well, on the first page I see "Big servers are a BIG mistake," "Guest Passes - BIGGEST MISTAKE," and "Excessive Tk'ing last night." Right after the latest version, we had a lot of arguing about how many automatics were in-game, and whether or not it was a proportional increase. Bickering over...
  14. K

Caps zones with extremely large areas

It's unrealistic, but it makes sense. Making small capzones means that a whole lot of people are trying to get into a small area, which focuses the action around that capzone. You can't avoid conflict in a situation like that. With a large capzone, it can be difficult just finding the enemy...
  15. K

Grenade Discussion (Merged About 3000 Times)

[/LEFT] That, if applied to RO, would be a very thorough nerfing.
  16. K

Sniper Class Suggestions (uniforms ect)

I believe he means that the role of the sniper in-game is realistic, but the details of the job are not and should not be.
  17. K

Noob at Anti Tank

Default key is F.
  18. K

Lend-lease Bazookas

If bazookas/panzerschrecks/PIATs/et cetera were added, it could screw up antitank balance - these weapons were superior to the panzerfaust in every way. Perhaps if you chose a reloadable rocket launcher, it would be in the main weapons slot, and you would have to rely on your sidearm? In any...
  19. K

So... what ROO clans are out there to join?

http://www.redorchestragame.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8
  20. K

This game is the shiz

Where did that come from? Nobody's mentioned player classes, apart from answering NoxNoctum's Squad Leader questions.