• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. I

2Manny's Customs Heaven is now Darkest Hour Server

Last I saw of the Darkest Hour mod - it was even more disappointing than Mare Nostrum was. I suppose that if it's really gotten this popular, much of my laundry list of complaints must have been addressed. I'll give it another try tomorrow and see how it goes.
  2. I

Widescreen fix!

Widescreen 32" here. Sometimes I wonder if the weapon models have way too much crap in your field of view. As in... How much of your own hands and weapon do you actually see while running around a battlefield? For this reason I am fine with the current method because it cuts out some of the...
  3. I

Darkest Hour: Normandy 1944

This sounds exactly like my review for Mare Nostrum. lol Can any mod be as good as CC?
  4. I

Vassili rocked the house!

There are often moments where RO really blows my mind. Mostly occurs on TWB's Old Glory. Best server in the history of things being served.
  5. I

Brokeback Day July

wow. Just. wow.
  6. I

This is what I miss in RO: awesome next gen visual effects

Next gen? More like a few gens off.
  7. I

Is RO still active on multiplayer?

During the hours I play 10pm-4am EST TWB's NA server is loaded with 50 players all night.
  8. I

Aztec Empire Mod

I'm still interested in this mod.
  9. I

RO Uniforms get the thumbs up! (and CC:))

Kudo's on naming Red Orchestra for the best uniforms - because he's right about that. However he doesn't sound like he knows what hes talking about.
  10. I

Why does nobody play mare nostrum?

For me... I downloaded Mare Nostrum once, and it told me that it wouldn't work in Win2k. Fine. It's an old OS even though I've never had another game tell me its too old to run on, but whatever. After I upgraded to XP, I downloaded it again, and installed it, only to not be able to play...
  11. I

Servers running Smolensk Stalemate?

Smolensk is just about my favorite map and it's played at least every night on TWB's "Old Glory" Broken? Half track? Yeah I hear your arguments but damn get over it. Russians win this map all the time and the half track is FAR from a safe haven for Germans. The APC is always getting...
  12. I

Bought an 8800GT, uh oh?

lol Never going to happen. I switched to Linux to avoid that. I go into windows to game, but I am considering just running steam through WINE in ubuntu and being done with Microsoft altogether.
  13. I

Bought an 8800GT, uh oh?

Thanks for the reply. I'm glad to hear it is only some of them, even if it's most of them. Also glad you have an EVGA one, though I assume they are reference spec.
  14. I

Bought an 8800GT, uh oh?

RO is my favorite game and honestly the only one I play. TF2 took a big chunk of my time since it's release but it's gotten old and I'm coming back to RO almost daily again. So to maximize my fun I decided to build a better computer and included an 8800GT from EVGA. Than I saw all this...
  15. I

Bigger monitor breathes new life into RO

All options were considered... But. Cost. From what I'd seen the actual monitors in that size and quality range were much more money than the TV's. I had a 27" Toshiba dinosaur from my childhood hogging up an entire corner of my room. The remote could only turn the volume up, not down, so...
  16. I

Observations on Current Attitudes

I've been off playing TF2, and I'm still pretty happy with the attitude on RO. Perhaps it's just by comparison. lol
  17. I

Holy giant picture batman!
  18. I

:D I had to clean it off to put the new TV on! I don't particularly notice the response time, because I'm not looking for it I suppose. my 20" Viewsonic was 5ms if I remember right, so if this is 6ms it wouldn't seem to me to be doing much worse. My 6800 Ultra runs RO at 1920x1080 full...
  19. I

I finally made the leap and bought myself a real monitor. I hadn't played RO (about the only game I play) or posted here in a while... But the game looks so good on the big screen I'm compelled to get back into the game. I bought it about 3 weeks ago, and it's really made those 2am games on...