• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

An Update Regarding Switch DLC & and future of Maneater

ManeaterSwitchDLC.jpg

I work for Tripwire and run this stuff.
View all 245 featured items
I have an epic suggestion for a Maneater sequel (could be one or 2 games away). I just hope I get an honorable mention if this idea is possible.

Title: Scorcher
Plot: Grow up as a Dragon from an egg in a fantasy world.
Details: Scaly Pete character can now be a Dragonslayer (human, elf, dwarf). He killed the player's mother...
Diversity: The customization could be so much fun as a Dragon. Choosing spikes, horns, and scale patterns/colors. Upgrades to your body can include your consumption of various elements from the world: Golden scales, Tungsten claws, Diamond teeth, Onyx tail thorn, and so on. If the technology/programming permits, traversal could include air, land, and sea. Creature enemies can include beautiful mythical beasts: fairies, griffins, thunderbirds, ogres, and so on. Easter eggs and comedy references could include everything like LOTR, Harry Potter, the Witcher, and even Willow.

Gimme a shout out if you think this is a great idea after reading this.

Upvote 0
I have an epic suggestion for a Maneater sequel (could be one or 2 games away). I just hope I get an honorable mention if this idea is possible.

Details: Scaly Pete character can now be a Dragonslayer (human, elf, dwarf). He killed the player's mother...
Diversity: The customization could be so much fun as a Dragon. Choosing spikes, horns, and scale patterns/colors. Upgrades to your body can include your consumption of various elements from the world: Golden scales, Tungsten claws, Diamond teeth, Onyx tail thorn, and so on. If the technology/programming permits, traversal could include air, land, and sea. Creature enemies can include beautiful mythical beasts: fairies, griffins, thunderbirds, ogres, and so on. Easter eggs and comedy references could include everything like LOTR, Harry Potter, the Witcher, and even Willow.

I for one think it is an interesting suggestion!

Reactions: Morgan Kelly
Upvote 0

While I think that could be a game on its own, I honestly don't see this as a sequel for Maneater.

For example: If Maneater was a dragon rpg, I would not have bought it, let alone the dlc. Now you might think that's because I don't like dragons. Actually quite the opposite, I love dragons but they are really overused by now. Search for "dragons" in steam and you get ~5300 results. A dragon rpg would have disappeared instantly among all the big and small fantasy games out there. Dragons, just like zombies, are simply everywhere. This is why the fact, that the protagonist of Maneater is a shark made alle the difference for me (and I think for many others as well). It stood out! Finally it was somehting new and creative. Something that doesn't have a million references, games, series and movies already.

Should a Maneater sequel need another protagonist, I would love to see the continuation of that kind of creativity. I would love to see a protagonist that is unusual and very rarely used. Like a killer tomatoe (I'm joking - a bit). Something that can be as goofy and serious as a mutated killer shark. Somehting that fits the tone of the Maneater universe.

However I would also love to see what other kind of adventures our little shark friend could encounter. I believe there is so much more to eat explore out there. A feast through space and time. And sure, why not, let's throw in a zombified space dragon. Heck, let it be a love interest that our shark chases through space and time while devouring planets and ultimately galaxies. Only to finally meet and - of course - eat that love interest (as any self-confident shark should do).

Well... anyway, that's my 2 cents.

Upvote 0

That sounds cool. I can see them probably doing something with a dragon or maybe a crocodile to keep the same gameplay style going.

Upvote 0
ok, I just started playing Maneater 1 week ago (I'm a PC player) and reading this made me a bit doubtful if it was a cold shower or not. Because I am loving the game and I am hype to see many new things involving it T.T
How did you enjoy the game i feel like i rushed it. I got my ps5 on Saturday downloaded maneater and 100% today. I want to get truth quest is it any good?

Upvote 0
I've played this game over and over again, but I feel like you guys missed a big DLC idea that was already setup in the game. Cthulhu would have been a dope boss to have in the game. Ending it out with the ManEater, that terrorized the people of Port Clovis. Comes to save them. When the cultist, that are already in the game, preform a ritual at the gate of hell, in the gulf, and rising they're lord Cthulhu. It would have been fun.

Upvote 0
How did you enjoy the game i feel like i rushed it. I got my ps5 on Saturday downloaded maneater and 100% today. I want to get truth quest is it any good?
This is probably a bit late of a response and you most likely have already bought it or moved on. Id say its worth it. Just redownloaded maneater this weekend and bought truth quest. if youre looking for more of a challenge than the first game its definetely worth it. Can be completed in about a day tho. without rushing it

Upvote 0