• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Some QOL suggestions for the shooting range of the training area/lobby

3[L]

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 21, 2022
* Make the target dummy that's not on the range itself a functional target dummy. Would allow for closer-range weapon testing.

* Add collision to the shooting range itself, and make it properly accessible (rather than needing to do some bounce pad shenanigans). Would be useful for retrieving gadgets, more choice of distances/angles to attack from etc. These agents are supposed to be professionals, so they presumably could be trusted to not be too irresponsible with a non-childproofed shooting range.

* Moving targets (more useful than stationary targets for practicing combat aiming stuff). Might be easier to have a 'make targets move' button than trying to add an area with the strafing targets? - toggle might get awkward in multiplayer lobbies though.

* Visible damage numbers/healthbars for the targets. The hitmarkers alone only give a vague idea of how much damage is being done/how much falloff there is/etc.

Yes, the summonable squire bots do allow some more flexibility in where to attack from/how many shots to kill/etc. But they're unavailable in the multiplayer lobby, and, unlike target dummies, they try to fight back. Also it's going to be utterly unfeasible to give them healthbars etc, unlike the shooting range targets.

(Had these suggestions floating around in my head after the previous closed alpha, haven't yet checked out the current alpha to see if these suggestions are redundant or not, but figured I should mention these whilst I was thinking about it)

Reactions: Diamond_melle
Upvote 0