• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Turns out that TWI president John Gibson has some balls on him

Status
Not open for further replies.

o2xVc3UuXp0NyBihrUnu

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 6, 2020
john-gibson-pro-life.png

This tweet got tremendous negative publicity by now, there are thousands of comments and retweets.

There are news that some soy TWI contractors are cancelling projects with them. I say good riddance, they were probably developing the code one would want to abort by just looking at it anyway.

I really pray to whoever if there's someone out there, although I'm not religious, that he keeps his seat and won't be forced to step down. John, if you read this -- keep it up! Let them seethe, haha!

Also, I now finally have a reason to buy the DLC crap TWI filled their KF2 with and buying the season pass now.

PS But if they cancel him I'm gonna refund it. Just saying.

Last edited:
I still support Tripwire. If you guys and gals that work there are reading this, don't let the politics get in the way of your art. Your games are fun, I'd really appreciate it if you embrace your viewpoints.

I mean, look at Rockstar for example, the reason they succeed is because they ignore politics just to make great games. You can do the same, just make fun and laid back games like you have been. You will see gamers support great games, not politics.

Keep up the great work, and know my money will still be going towards your products. Love you guys and gals. Oh and John don't let all the negative lame asses get to you, you're 100% entitled to what you believe. Don't let others change that, not even people you work with, I hope your team stays strong through whatever craziness is headed your way.

Upvote 0
And we care because?
USA politics, let them handle their own issues... especially since its only one state.
rest of the world has their own politics to deal with.

Each person is entitled to his own opinion, no matter how much others may disagree with it.

But yes this wasn't a very good move by him, announcing his political view in Twitter of all places, adding unnecessary light to the company. (Edit: looks like the fire began to spread)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Came back just to say I still (sorta) support TWI.
John did nothing wrong and im fully aware this company was founded on christian beliefs. The religious parts are even in the games itself from KF1 using Dirge’s Christian Metal, to KF2’s Albert and a RS USMC scripts being written by Gibson himself. He has stated that despite being Christian and making bloody games, the bible is filled with gore and bloodshed. This is also the reason why KF2’s Stalkers had been toned down sexually (the event versions even more compared to KF1) and the lack of profanity. I remember people started calling TWI SJWs for this when they found out years ago lol. So Gibson coming out support this is no surprise, but i guess people wont care until its dangled in their face.
Hopefully Gibson doesn’t step down, its literally just a Twitter thing (specifically a american one). Twitter is full of bullies and will probably forget about this when someone else says something they dont like. Even the hate mob for Blizzard has died down (again), despite being way worst then literally anyone can imagine.

The sorta part cause you guys left KF1 a buggy mess :mad: plz come back and fix some of the bugs </3

Upvote 0
I’m a long-time tripwire fan. I’m very pro-choice. It is the issue I think republicans are most clearly wrong on, but that doesn’t affect my support for the studio. The only way we have a healthy, functioning democracy is if people are able to express their opinions openly. The woke wing of the left are a bunch of totalitarians who want to use corporate and economic power to implement China’s social credit system here. That’s all this cancel culture bull**** is.

I disagree with the politics but that doesn’t mean TW’s art should be blacklisted. Look forward to your continued success!

Upvote 0
More power to him, saw some kotaku article about it and all of the hatred in the comments really shows the groupthink at work. Not sure why we have to comfortable with snuffing out babies, but hey we're the bad people in this scenario.

Oh, and I was on the fence about getting chivalry 2 since it's on epic but guess I'll have to vote with my wallet. Peace.

Upvote 0
I mean...We're talking about a law that would punish women for making their own choices with their bodies FAR MORE than proper rapists. Regardless of your stance on the matter, that's hardly a good reason to rejoice.

I absolutely won't boycott Tripwire because games aren't made by a single person. And even if the whole company thought the same : as long as they ain't promoting it, I see no reason to stop playing. Separating work from the artist, so to speak.

**** you John though.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.