• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Why have i not seen this build before...

Maxotaurious

Apr 20, 2021
Im a fully prestiged Level 25 Survivalist

This build takes care of anything in a few seconds

(Perk choices)

Faster demo reload speed

Melee perk

Healing grenades

Bigger explosion radius and absorption

Stun all zeds

Basically your aim is to get the pulveriser and fully upgrade it. You can obliterate any non scrake or fleshpound in 1 heavy hit and it only takes 4 hits to kill a fleshpound on 6 player hoe.

The hits are huge, you reload faster and you have incredibly effective damage while bring able to run super quickly and you can heal yourself with the grenades. Even at level 20 I was getting top kills and damage for every game with this. I need somebody to get back to me after trying it.

Probably because there are better builds with better weapons utilizing better perks. The main problem with the build is that other weapons kill...well, just about everything more effectively as you improve at the game.

First of all, the Pulverizer gets worse as players get better. Its downtime between swings is huge, and the thing can't get headshots with the explosive alt-fire. It also does worse against Scrakes than FPs unless you forcibly empty the clip and don't reload, so there's that.

In my testing of this build with 6P health on TestMapRedux, no fleshpound ever died in anything under 5 direct hits with a +2 Pulverizer. So you need a full clip of 5 strong attacks to kill one (1) FP, and you have 22 total shots? Only 4 FPs at best, and that's assuming you don't use the alt-fire more than twice in any given late-game round to get a crowd of Zeds off you?

Adding to that, the Pulverizer forces you into melee, forcing you to eat hits (and the vast majority of the time, you will, because the stagger from the hits isn't reliable enough to 0->death FPs) to kill FPs. If the plan with the Medic grenades is dependent on you taking hits, there are better plans that just involve killing the FP from a distance that don't rely on mid-combat health restoration or taking hits.

While Berserker wouldn't be strictly better with the Pulverizer (it would still take 5 direct hits even with Smash/Butcher/Parry applied), it would let you instead use the Nailgun like Zerks can (an actually good weapon where deleting FPs is concerned).

And that's just considering melee classes. There's so many better options in the game that don't lock you into melee.

Upvote 0
Probably because there are better builds with better weapons utilizing better perks. The main problem with the build is that other weapons kill...well, just about everything more effectively as you improve at the game.

First of all, the Pulverizer gets worse as players get better. Its downtime between swings is huge, and the thing can't get headshots with the explosive alt-fire. It also does worse against Scrakes than FPs unless you forcibly empty the clip and don't reload, so there's that.

In my testing of this build with 6P health on TestMapRedux, no fleshpound ever died in anything under 5 direct hits with a +2 Pulverizer. So you need a full clip of 5 strong attacks to kill one (1) FP, and you have 22 total shots? Only 4 FPs at best, and that's assuming you don't use the alt-fire more than twice in any given late-game round to get a crowd of Zeds off you?

Adding to that, the Pulverizer forces you into melee, forcing you to eat hits (and the vast majority of the time, you will, because the stagger from the hits isn't reliable enough to 0->death FPs) to kill FPs. If the plan with the Medic grenades is dependent on you taking hits, there are better plans that just involve killing the FP from a distance that don't rely on mid-combat health restoration or taking hits.

While Berserker wouldn't be strictly better with the Pulverizer (it would still take 5 direct hits even with Smash/Butcher/Parry applied), it would let you instead use the Nailgun like Zerks can (an actually good weapon where deleting FPs is concerned).

Thanks for your comment. I appreciate you tested this but there are many variables that make this viable. When you're in a full team the initial blast
Will stumble a priority target such as a fp or scrake with the AOE killing anything nearby including sirens which can die to quite a large distance away from the impact blast. You say about being forced to be melee but I was in a team of 6 players hoe on Ashwood Asylum and I stayed really healthy the whole time with 29 big zed kills by the end of the match and got plenty of invitations to play more. By the way the basic attacks knock scrakes down so overall this is a very support crowd control role with big zed killing potential. I ask that you test one thing for me

Try face off against 4 quarter pounds at once. There are only a few classes in this game that could walk out of that alive with 6p hoe hp. Then try it with 20 plus enemies. In my understanding this is one of the strongest classes in the game when it comes to protecting teammates from big zeds plus if you remember that demo has to aim, fire and reload while avoiding sirens if you're not taking the perk then the survivalist has strong potential to fill that role.

Upvote 0

And that's just considering melee classes. There's so many better options in the game that don't lock you into melee.
And this is exactly why I've repeatedly been suggesting to add Ballistic Impact to its explosion attack (so you have melee+impact+explosion), so you can do extra headshot damage with it too. I've even said it should have the same Scrake-multiplier as the RPG, so it's an ACTUAL heavyhitter.

Upvote 0