• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Vault Dosh Update. And small changes for Endless.

Ruffa

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 6, 2021
Hello Community and Developers.
For the first time when Dosh Vault has been added, i was like this idea, and i cannot stop to think about like i gonna farm these
cash 24 on 7.
But after some time ive been dissapointed because this idea was abandoned.
This idea just dropped and i saw no more updates of it (except only new gold skins in Dosh Crate).
So where is your idea you gonna ask?
Below i gonna suggest how we can update it to make it more interesting.
First of all, i suggest to make available to buy in-game skins and accessories (Except DLC items of course) for Vault Dosh cash.
Make them high price, so players will be interested in earning them, covering zones for cash and complete more games to get more money.
But then a player can sell his reward on community market? No, answer is not. Make rewards which you get in a game by Vault Dosh
money unsaleble and untradeble. This will bring a balance for that.
Second suggest will be about Endless.
I found less players playing it, and when you complete alot of waves you get really small reward.
For example: Once i tried to stay it as long as i can, we complete 56 waves on Hell On Earth, we stand for 302 minutes, and all
i got was 14k of vault dosh money. By the way i got a screenshot of it.
So my suggestion is increase total reward which would calculate on amount of waves that you survived.
Another suggestion about this mode is add new Endless crate, which will contain some free skins like Vault Dosh crate.
This crate should drop after a game ended and depends of how many waves you survived.

Note: All accessories and skins which available in-game should be able to be purchased for Vault Dosh.

While some of your ideas have merit, and have been discussed in house, there are some major issues with going that route.

1) We can't trust the client and the Dosh Vault is a client system, not a server side system. Dosh Vault is not a very protected system in the grand scheme of things, and it has been exploited and will be exploited again.
2) If we did a new dosh vault as a server side system, it would only be available on Tripwire official servers, which is not a direction we want to take with Killing Floor 2.

The team has refocused efforts from the dosh vault at this point in the games life cycle towards other things with wider player appeal and direct gameplay impact.

Upvote 0