• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Some type of Vault Shop? (Dumb idea maybe)

GhostoBoi

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 19, 2020
Dumb idea i had, add some where you buy something things like weapon skins, cosmetics and crates with the vault money you get on Matches
Here is an example i made. mE N0 gud wit photoshoote so sorry if its kinda crappy but i hope you get the idea.
Yeah that, i think the Dosh Vault needs a little something and i really liked this idea no matter how DUMB it is
Dumb idea 101.png

It's far from a dumb idea. Or if it is : many others had it as well.

I definitely concur I have to say. I'm all for less randomness in gaming (unless when it's a key gameplay element, like in roguelikes obviously). Even more so regarding rewards. It wouldn't hurt if you actually got more meaningful rewards with that system, but I'm tired of finding pyjamas... or gold skins I already had four times.

Ideally, I think both systems should coexist, similarly to a lot of other FPS games. That way you can get random rewards a bit more often, but with the drawback of being unable to choose what you're gonna get. AND the possibility of buying the items you truly want using in-game money, but obviously making them somewhat "expensive" so you'd really need to play the game a lot to finally get that skin you truly wanted.

Reactions: GhostoBoi
Upvote 0
I would love to see a full prototype of this marketplace in action, the amount of stuff we've been given over the years has been huge (atleast for cosmetics and weapon skins *ahem* Endless rework *ahem* VS survival rework *ahem* UI fix *ahem*.

Maybe have something that looks a little like this:

Black Market: This is a market that works alongside the vosh vault. Your money that you've earned can be spent here (The overall money you earned does not subtract from the progression you've made to earn a Dosh Crate, now essentially functioning as "XP" similarly to Halo Reach).
With the money you've racked up since the vault's creation, you can spend it on a given item filtered as listed:
Weapon Skins: Battle-Scarred at £250,000, Field Tested at £500,000 and Mint at £750,000.
Outfits: Rare Items at £250,000, Epic at £500,000, and Precious at £750,000
Headwear Cosmetic: The price scale would increase based on its rarity, and will be listed based on how much of the head-space it uses (least at the top).
Body Cosmetic: Working from the same price scale as headwear, except it is subcategorised as to where on the body it is equipped (Back, Arms, Chest).
Seasonal Tickets: A flat cost of £100,000 for one ticket, regardless of season.
Golden Tickets: A flat cost of £750,000 for one ticket, regardless of seson.

This concept can be transferred over to seasonal items, since we have so many across numerous seasons, how can't you?

Upvote 0
I would love to see a full prototype of this marketplace in action, the amount of stuff we've been given over the years has been huge (atleast for cosmetics and weapon skins *ahem* Endless rework *ahem* VS survival rework *ahem* UI fix *ahem*.

Maybe have something that looks a little like this:

Black Market: This is a market that works alongside the vosh vault. Your money that you've earned can be spent here (The overall money you earned does not subtract from the progression you've made to earn a Dosh Crate, now essentially functioning as "XP" similarly to Halo Reach).
With the money you've racked up since the vault's creation, you can spend it on a given item filtered as listed:
Weapon Skins: Battle-Scarred at £250,000, Field Tested at £500,000 and Mint at £750,000.
Outfits: Rare Items at £250,000, Epic at £500,000, and Precious at £750,000
Headwear Cosmetic: The price scale would increase based on its rarity, and will be listed based on how much of the head-space it uses (least at the top).
Body Cosmetic: Working from the same price scale as headwear, except it is subcategorised as to where on the body it is equipped (Back, Arms, Chest).
Seasonal Tickets: A flat cost of £100,000 for one ticket, regardless of season.
Golden Tickets: A flat cost of £750,000 for one ticket, regardless of seson.

This concept can be transferred over to seasonal items, since we have so many across numerous seasons, how can't you?

Maybe it's pushing it too far, but I would love if you could actually purchase non-vault items the same way too... With added costs for how rare your items are (so pretty much like you pointed out, but with common-uncommon-rare-epic-legendary instead).

I never quite got why they included two different pools... It's not as if you often looted rare (or better) items anyway.

Upvote 0