• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Suggestions gathered since 2015

Neuro75013

Grizzled Veteran
  • Sep 19, 2016
    Hi there,

I'm going to make this quick, I've been playing this game since 2015 (on PC), and I gathered some neat suggestions from friends and different HoE communities. So this post is long overdue!

New difficulty (call it whatever you want, maximum challenge or w/e) :
    - 100% more Zeds/Large Zeds per waves
    - 100% increased items spawn rate
    - Quarterpounds/Scrakes wave 1
    - Considering the number of Zeds and items spawn rate, money should not be a bigger problem even if a few players gets killed.
    - Do not add achievements tied to this difficulty so people won't complain about it being too difficult.
    Adding a new difficulty will massively increase the interest for this game for the skilled Twitch/Youtube Streamers and high skilled players, giving a lot of visibility to the game.
    It would be an exception in the current gaming market that could attract people looking for challenges.

Prestige/XP :
    - A way to do Infinit prestige
    - Going from 20 to 25 is still very slow
    - Once reaching level 25, add an option to allow us to choose which level we want to be playing at (effectively giving us an option to nerf ourselves).

Maps :
    - Night/rainy versions of some maps
    - Add barrels to the game
    - Some invisible walls/clipping walls needs to be removed, we already jump very low, it's quite frustrating to realize you can't jump on a very low item you should normally be able to jump over. There are a lot of inconsistencies on what you can jump on, what the game automatically makes you go over and what is clipped. I can make a few screenshots to demonstrate the problems.

Cosmetics : Since you make money with it, might as well enhance it.
    - Weapons skins tied to player models
    - Some cosmetics won't show up when you have too many

Balance :
    - Buff Sirens
    - Hemoclobber, Ion Thruster, HRG Incision and Frost Fang's damage needs to be lowered.
    - Double barrel upgrades add a very low amount of damage right now (especially for their prices)
    - M32 lowered recoil
    - Survivalist reworked, +7 weight skill instead of +5 (melee skill damage should be lowered)
    - Sharpie's "Dead Eye" skill should add max ammo +180 for the 9mm (therefore bringing back the Railgun+Magnum+dual 9mm loadout that was killed with the lowered 9mm ammo update)
    - Zerk and Medic both dramatically reduce the pace of the game, they need to be addressed (nerfed)

End game scoreboard stats :
    - Player's damage on boss

New Boss :
    - Husk master + husk minions

New Zeds :
    - Hush with Freeze cannon
    - EDAR that fly

New weapons :
    - For demo a gun that leave very small radiation zones
    - Demo pistol shooting 1 mini rocket at a time
    - A super weapon with 1 to 3 ammo max and 14 weight.

Trader :
    - Weapons DMG numbers on the weapon sheet
    - Upgrade % and numbers

Server owners/matchmaking quality of life changes :
    - Add a new option for matchmaking and server owners called : "Allow late join" which would set the max number of waves that players can join
    - Add a new option for matchmaking and server owners adding the possibility to change the team size (from 1 to 6)

Movements :
    - Increase by 10 to 15% the step height (not the jump height) to prevent getting stuck on tiny edges and prevent inconsistencies.

Let the slaughter begins! See ya all.

• Love
    Reactions: MrtPsr
    Ain't gonna lie, I'm not even playing Hell on Earth (Suicidal is my thing !) , but I would love for anything that would spice up the Killing Floor experience at that point.

Now, let's see what else you got in store for us !

Prestige : I personally always thought prestige to be a tedious way to reward the faithful player. It's basically handing out rewards for the people who grinds (because let's be honest : not a lot of players actually sit through prestige, playing the game normally). I believe it's an "artificial" way to increase the lifespan of a game, just like collecting junk in platformers. Even Super Meat Boy which actually tied extra levels to collectibles didn't solve the main problem : collecting things SUCKS. So even if we actually rewarded prestige properly (with extra characters or weapons for example), it wouldn't change the fact that you have to play again, and again, and again to finally get it. I'm much more about engaging the player by completing very hard tasks for example. But maybe it's just me, so I won't say "NO" out of principle. If people like it, so be it. I know I've prestiged twice with most of my perks, but simply because I had nothing left to do.

Maps : well... noticed how nobody plays Catacombs? It's not only because it's cramped, but also because it's dark AF. I'm not sure many players actually like dark maps. But I'm all in favor of more options! I actually believe maps should have a dynamic weather system when possible, just like Black Forest or Monster Ball (Nuked and Zed Landing are close second, even if it's not the "weather" per say). Rainy maps sounds great. As a Belgian, I would feel right at home. In general however, I believe we should encourage more diversity among maps than "Random Lab 262" or "Military Base 563"

Cosmetics : honestly, I believe they should put less of them and refined them a little. Because just like the maps : we're just getting too much of the same at that point. The real, good stuff is rare, and while I wouldn't expect to loot an ultra-rare item with each playthrough, it would be nice to avoid receiving mere duplicates or boring camos all the time. Honestly, rather than more customization options, I would love to have good things to wear to begin with.

Balances : ... are you seriously asking to buff SIRENS? You sir have a deathwish

I never found the Ion Thruster or the Hemoclobber to be particularly powerful... They are just right where they should be IMO.

However, the Incisor has NO RIGHTS to be that efficient in the hands of a SUPPORTIVE perk. Like, just no.

Can't say anything about the Frost Fang as I didn't try it yet (the latest update really failed to hype me up)

Eeeeh... I think it's on purpose for the double-barrel (you mean the boomstick?). I mean, the base gun is already ridiculously effective for a T2, dealing effectively with nearly anything, including Scrakes. You got to leave some for the rest of us !

I kinda agree about the M32. I have little issue with it, but I guess it wouldn't hurt the gun at all.

Survivalist needs way more than that. A proper, full-on rework of the perk is in order. Many of us already discussed about it (namely Breadstick and Aze ! )

Similarly, I don't think the 9mm boost should belong to the sharpshooter only... Why would he, except as a cheeky node to his proficiency with the gun in KF1? No, I think every perk should have more reserve ammo for the gun. Even with the added damage it got, you run dry way too fast. The complete opposite of what is meant to be a backup gun.

Don't know if the zerk should be nerfed... I believe most people actually don't get that it is NOT a killer perk. It is a supportive one. It uses its skills and parrying ability to TANK and his grenades to hinder zeds. I've never seen him as a particularly overpowered perk, actually more often than not : I see people stealing his kills. The Medic definitely needs to get the nerf hammer however.

Additional content : I already express my thoughts on a Husk boss this week, and my answer was a big no. I'm tired of the "this zed except IT'S A BOSS" trope. It's lazy as hell. Plus the Husk is already the "sniper" zed of the bunch, the one that is the most at ease at range. But most bosses are already covering long distances to make your life a living hell ! What would the boss even bring that the Patriarch and Matriarch can't ? Plus, considering the EDARs are already perceived with anger by most of the players... Imagine husks. Husks who can not only fire at your ass from afar with way better accuracy than in the first game, who can melt your armor at short range, and who can freaking kamikaze at you ! Imagine 4-5 husks coming straight at you while the boss pulverize the flames of hell in your direction? That's a HARD pass for me. Unless you can defend your idea with a more complete idea.

"EDARs that fly" ... That's even worse. Not in a million years.

Husk with freeze cannon... Now I can imagine how fun that would be yeah. People surely don't hate when their movement speed is hindered. No, honestly that's another negative from me. We already got the clot-line and the trappers to block your escape. No need for a third zed.

Radiation gun for demo : the main issue I have with that is that he already has a skill dedicated to that. If you can do it however and whenever you want...Why bother taking such a skill? I also know that poison DoT is a weird case in KF2 : some people found the original Destroyer of Worlds was criticized due to how ludicrously OP it was. Meanwhile, the medic poisonous rounds are more annoying than anything : as zeds start to panic, it makes them harder to kill. Worse yet : the damage is too low to even be worth it. So if such a weapon were to be added, it would need some serious tweaks. Plus, I also believe that it would make the demo cross Firebug's path (as in : crowd control)

Rocket pistol for demo : so basically gyrojets? I guess they could make it as some sort of "HRG Spitfire". Only fitting, since the firebug got demo's HX-25. I don't know if that would truly be worth it however, considering the demo's HX-25 is already doing a fantastic job as a PDW. It pretty much never leaves my loadout. Plus it is able to kill multiple trash zeds with a single shot, and gets even more insane with upgrades.

Super weapon... What do you have in mind? A nuke launcher or something? I really don't think the idea would work as well as it would be funny. Think about : not only would the poor soul designed to buy it be forced to rely on the 9mm (which have poor ammo reserves remember?), but it would probably be overkill. Against big zeds, the M99 and RPG-7 are already great at killing in one hit. Against bosses, it would make the fight too bloody easy. Against a whole legion of zeds? It would pretty much be a "get out of jail free" card, saving your life, but in a cheap way. Again, hard pass.

Extras :

Player damage on boss sounds fair. Same thing for the trader stats. Nothing to add.

Similarly, I don't see anything wrong with your propositions regarding "step height" and matchmaking, it would simply improve the life of many people !

Upvote 0
    Most of these suggestions are based on making the game harder.. as if it was not hard enough.
    Maybe it's easy when you go all medic/zerk/GS obviosuly swat is not mentioned.
    Matriarch is not mentioned here as well, so it's not what I expected
    Hi there. There are ways to play any classes right now (considering all the new weapons) in HoE very easily. Just needs to know what to do (loadout, upgrades, dosh management and skills used), you don't need good aim anymore.

Maybe I could give you some tips about the SWAT :
    - On the first wave always get the free armor and dual 9mm. The 9mm used with it's skill does a lot of damages (more than most of the SMGs). I wanted to see how powerful it was so I did some HoE solo using only the 9mm upgraded and the knife with SWAT and Commando classes (including boss kill) and I was very surprised to see how very unchallenging it was, I then did Hard difficulty with knife only with SWAT and Commando (including boss kill). For a classic gameplay with SWAT you want to use the 9mm to decap Bloats, kill Rioters by aiming at their legs or back and kill Gorefiends.
    - Your knife (or your grenade) will save you easily if you get surrounded (provided you use the knife/9mm skill).
    - The MP7 should be used most of the time in single shot mode and with iron sight (much more accurate).
    - The level 25 skill that lets you walk through Zeds is extremely potent as it will kill most trashes (except Rioters, Bloats, Husks and EDARs) this skill saves ammo and is a life saver for you and your team especially on maps with little space to move.
    - Skills on first waves : LLLLL. then LRLRL, the first skill prevents you from getting grabbed, that will save your life. The unlimited ammo loadout is good if you have a commando in the team especially if you are camping.
    - Loadout : The easiest/safest loadout with SWAT is the HRG Nailgun fully upgraded (to be used mainly on large Zeds or lined up enemies as it has a high penetrating power) + Kriss or P90.
    - Money management : always scoot the map for ammo/weapon spawns, on the first waves refill ammo for the MP7, sell the 9mm and buy the MP5 that will be used on Bloats, Gorefiends, EDARs and Husks. Then buy the Nailgun (you can sell the MP7 if you need the extra 100 Dosh), then sell the MP5 and buy Kriss or P90 and upgrade your HRG Nailgun. Let me know if you have any questions.
    - SWAT is expensive (even more if you use the 30% ammo skill).

The Matriarch is super fun to play. It's a good thing that not all bosses are as easy as the King FP or Abomination.

I can hear that people would not want nerfs on existing classes/weapons. The biggest suggestion is about releasing a new difficulty. It's not about making the game harder! ;) The new difficulty would have no achievements so people won't complain about it beeing too tedious. Adding a new difficulty would increase interrest around Killing Floor.

@Aleflippy
    Yeah about that super weapon, something like the Redeemer from Unreal Tournament (obviously not that powerful tho) it was suggested by old school KF1 players as this game originally was a mod for UT. I don't have personal opinion or ideas about this super weapon stuff x)

Edit: Ah yes about Prestige I totally understand you @Aleflippy and I agree, however there is something you might not have considered. Reseting to lvl 0 makes the game more challenging and it's super fun to play HoE at level 0, going from level 0 to 15 is super fast (it becomes very slow after level 15 tho), and you unlock a couple of skills during a single game (provided you play 10 waves or Endless), which is very exciting. I did sharpie lvl 0 to 25 no death allowed, HoE solo Survial 10 waves. Was a blast to play. I was considering asking for a Hardcore mode where if you die your progression resets to 0 (same principle as seen on some Hack n' Slash games like Diablo 3 or seen in DOOM 4/DOOM Eternal). Got a lot of cool memories about KF2, once I went from lvl 0 to lvl 13 in a single 10 waves HoE survival game (new players died so I had to kill a bit more than in solo, usually in solo you reach level 11 in a single game).

Cheers guys thanks for answering!

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    Alright, let's answer you back ! Quick disclaimer first : sorry for sounding so harsh at points. It is rarely done on purpose. I try to be as honest as possible while also telling you why I think so, but I can understand why that might be taken as being severe. I hope you know that I obviously have nothing against you personally.

Now on to your comment !

I'll allow myself to answer to Humam as well : I believe it's never a bad thing to allow for more options as long as they don't break the game or clash with each other. If our friend Neuro wishes for the game to become harder, he's definitely allowed to think so. It's perfectly sound, once you mastered the game, to look up for a new challenge. And as long as said challenge is not impossible, I don't think it should be put out of the equation. Far from it. I'm personally fine with Suicidal, but I understand some people love to spice it up with mutators or simply go try their luck on Hell on Earth. But when even Hell on Earth becomes a walk in the park, there's not much more that you can do. And while nobody loves an unbeatable (or worse : CHEAP) game, it's not very fun to have it too easy either.

As we discussed a few times prior, that's actually the main problem with Kiling Floor 2 : difficulty spikes. You can roll on the game for eight waves, then suddenly get two fleshpounds cornering you at the same time, and as you flee you notice both a bloat and a siren spawned behind you... Ending your streak in a blink when everything has been perfectly fine until then. THAT'S something I would change. Similarly, some situations are harder merely because your perk isn't as efficient as others. This or the weapon you picked. But again, that's not the game's fault... It's the perk or weapon, which should be tweaked accordingly.

And even if I do agree that many things should be changed (the survivalist and sharpshooter should have more interesting skill trees, the medic should be nerfed, etc. ) I don't think any perk is either unvaluable or too difficult to play with. You can do okay with all of them, even more so when you got a team. Sure, the SWAT could also be slightly better, but if you got a zerk to back you up in the tanking role and a commando/firebug to back you up for the crowd control role... You're fine !

I won't make a full-on guide to Hell on Earth, both because it would be too long and because it's pretty much re-using everything you've learned so far (team composition, dosh management, knowing what to buy and when, etc.). Just know that it is doable. And the main difficulty we could blame about the game is when it decides to be cheap with teleporting zeds. That's what I hate. When the game somewhat FORCES you to get boxed in although you managed to manage your space up to that point. I also hate a few things (kamikaze husks who kills you in one explosion, trappers...) but it's meant to be that way. Forces you to be careful. Again, it's only cheap when you can't retaliate.

(Regarding your experience doing a "HOE solo run with only an upgraded 9mm" ... I'm curious as to HOW you did it. Not based on skill per say, but only to the performances of the gun. It got such a small ammo count that I can barely last half a wave with it.)

Totally agree on what you think of the Matriarch. It's actually one of the best bosses (still right-under Hans Volter in my opinion... That boss fight may have been the first, but it's also the best). I just like how the Matriarch changes the pace of the wave as the fight drags on. She also has very powerful attacks but it's not that hard to avoid them. I think the only thing that bothers me are actually her EDAR minions... And even then, it's always those ****ing trappers.

NOW, regarding what you said directly to me :

-Oh I get the idea of finding back that challenge, and it is true that it's something that Killing Floor has, that many other games (namely Call of Duty) don't. A very skilled Call of Duy player will be barely hindered by going prestige, except maybe until he gets back his favorite weapon (and usually, the base loadouts are very versatile). In Killing Floor, even a very skillful player will have to make do without most of what makes a perk great. I remember the first time I prestiged with the Firebug... I couldn't do without my shrapnel for a while ! Again, I don't play HoE so I can't truly relate and won't express myself on that peculiar topic. But I get the fun of being challenged yet again. It is also why some people like to go back from scratches when playing RPGs and stuff. Then again, it's also a matter of personal preference: I like to be "done" with a game at some point. Not to the point of never coming back to it, but it feels good to have "beaten the game" should I say. But I can understand people wanting to keep playing a little longer (and I concur on the "leveling fast" part)

However, as you say yourself, after level 15, it takes longer... and that's what I said I didn't like ! Because you're back into grinding for it. Or you do it like me and just play naturally... But then the game experience doesn't change that much and thus you tend to get bored after a while. At least that's how I feel.

Don't know how interesting a "hardcore mode" would be. Mostly because I believe players like you aren't that common, so Tripwire might wonder if it's even worth the hassle at all (and considering they aren't putting that r Temuch effort into KF2 anymore, I doubt that). It would make sense if the game was story-based, or if it could last a while as with Minecraft or Terraria for example. But here, the game "is over" once you finish the playthrough. And even playing endless, I often end up killing myself at wave 25-30 because I'm just fed-up. There's so much you can do before it gets annoying. I got a similar problem with Call of Duty Zombies : after a certain amount of waves, when you got your weapons pack-a-punched, all the perks you need, everything open... What else do you do? Hell, it's even worse than with KF2 because the zombies come freaking bullet sponges !

I guess it would be fun to have a mode where you pretty much start from scratch and earn extra fast XP, so you always start the match on level 0 with your perk and slowly ramp up, climbing up to level 25. Hell, we could even say that after a certain XP threshold, you enter "level 30" and get access to EVERY skils, but the game becomes atrocious. Like having proper poundemonium waves (only Fleshpounds !), disallow the Trader for the rest of the game or spawns TWO bosses. This kind of thing. I would consider it some sort of "rogue-like" mod, so to speak. I believe it's the best way to implement the Hardcore mod you wish for.

Upvote 0
    I can hear that people would not want nerfs on existing classes/weapons. The biggest suggestion is about releasing a new difficulty. It's not about making the game harder! ;) The new difficulty would have no achievements so people won't complain about it beeing too tedious. Adding a new difficulty would increase interrest around Killing Floor.
    I would really prefer that they fix the broken aspects of the game first.
    As for SWAT..Well, commando does everything SWAT can do and even better.. so it's a bad perk .. along with the survivalist in my opinion.
    Can you win HOE solo with it? Yes but another perk like the Firebug does the same job much easier (I'm talking about only the shooting weapons)
    Also, the whole swat perk can be played if you have the glock 18c for the gunslinger.. that way you're a SWAT with RAU!

Upvote 0
    @Aleflippy You didn't sounded harsh one bit no problem mate! Yes there is still some monsters spawning in player's POVs sometimes, it's rare tho. The main difficulty is Zeds are allowed to re-spawn/teleport at distances you should have been able to hear them before turning your back. I really like the ideas you gave for a new mode/difficulty. I was thinking to go ahead on this topic (and power leveling) maybe adding an XP multiplier that would reset to 1 if you die or if you switch difficulty.
    (Regarding your experience doing a "HOE solo run with only an upgraded 9mm" ... I'm curious as to HOW you did it. Not based on skill per say, but only to the performances of the gun. It got such a small ammo count that I can barely last half a wave with it.)
    Yeah that was an interesting one considering the ammo management. Basically had to abuse the knife and buy multiple 9mm as they are dirt cheap. Here is an example :

@Humam2104 I think SWAT has it's role, is fun and very potent (maybe the price of it's strongest weapons ammo clips could be reduced a bit). SWAT vs Matriarch :

@Mister Master I find Endless not as fun, mainly because the games lasts too long on the same map. However the mutators are a lot of fun, this is the reason I play Endless from time to time. There could be some more incentive added to play this mode (like adding an XP multiplier after wave 25?) but generally I quit after wave 30. I did wave 100+ a couple of times and it's not that fun without an option to pause the game (you have to play with friends and it becomes a bit like a relay race so that you can quit and come back). One guy did beat it solo tho, it took him 35 hours and he was of course using Zerk. At least when you play solo on a local host you can pause the game!

Reactions: Aleflippy
    Upvote 0
    @Neuro75013

I see. You're among those guys who will try the wackest **** just for the thrill ! We need some people like you, it's usually quite interesting to watch. People challenging themselves, on their own, got my respect. I personally would have lost my patience on a 9mm/knife run. Precisely due to that low ammo count as I said.

I totally share your views on Endless. On paper the idea sounded bright, but when you're "too good", it just becomes boring after a while. Once you're stocked, there's not that many reasons to keep on playing. I do believe we should be rewarded for AS LONG as we survive. Like the more you play, the more chance you get to find rare or ultra-rare loot. Or you get extra XP as you said.

I also love the mutators on the map and it makes me yearn about the mutators we had in KF1... I would love to be able to play a full-clot mod where you fight a whole horde of them, Left 4 Dead style. Or a true Poundamonium as it was in KF1. All in all, although it would have to be renamed obviously, I believe weeklies should be able to be selected whenever. At least once you managed to beat them. Kinda like the mutations in... Left 4 dead, again.

As for SWAT, I always said that his two main flaws are his rapidly-depleting ammo count that is quite expensive to refill and the fact his armor actually gets torn off faster than most. But other than that, his arsenal is great. He's the ultimate crowd killer, maybe even more so than the Commando and Firebug. He can cripple and stun very effectively too, which is highly valuable in any team.

The only other "issue" I can see is that his arsenal is not very diverse. It's pretty much all about "shooty-pew-pew very fast". Hence why I like the Riot Shield : it adds some flavor to the perk. The Nailgun is also a bit different, but still behaves very much like a regular SMG. It would be cool to have something a bit different (let's get wild... dual-wielded micro-uzi ? A slow-firing SMG that ramp-up speed as you shoot? A futuristic SMG that has a very large ammo pool but can overheat if you fire too long? Anything that would spice up his weaponry really)

Upvote 0