• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Please Support!

Mikx802

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 11, 2020
Please help the support class tripwire. The perk isn't half bad but it VERY underwhelming. This is my favorite perk however compared to other perks it sees little to no attention, and very few player pick this class. The problems i have with it, is as following:

Ammo: everyone can get ammo from this perk except the user
Zed Time: i play with commandos who can extend zed time to the fullest and yet i can ONLY shoot a few bullets in zed time but can't reload?
The gunslinger which is a OP perk in the right hands and has one of the highest dps can shoot AND reload in zed time? Also can shoot unlimited? Plus the class has penetrations so why have another skill or zed time ability for that?
Close combat: for this class i enjoy being up close and personal perhaps maybe some resistance or extra health WITHOUT the cost of 30 % damage reduction

If anyone else have any suggest let them know!
Thank you for taking the time to read this

Well, Support is a powerful perk imo, he has some good quality weapons there, his problem is that he's slow and needs time to reload (M14, SG-Pump Action)
But if you equip faster reloading these problems are somehow solved, as for the shooting in zed time you can choose the skill that allows you to shoot in real time
about the part of resistance, I think 150 health is really good for him, and I don't use the extra damage for one reason; I can kill a fleshpound on HOE with Doomstick with one shot only without that skill (Alternate Fire)
Support should give ammo and get ammo too just like the medic I totally agree with you on that, a workaround for that is giving your weapon to someone and giving them ammo and taking it back but that's risky to me.

A few advices for you: Don't use the M14, Use the medic (Reloads faster) or the firebug shotguns (Burns zeds and gives you time to reload and it's OP) for your first weapon (small zeds)
and for takedowns (large zeds) use the Doomstick.. upgraded or not it doesn't really matter as the upgrade reduces some of the recoil, spread and recoil but since you're fighting in close combat that's not useful for you.
In the game, there are
Weak perks: survivalist, SWAT,
Good perks: Support, Demo, Sharpshooter, Commando
Overpowered perks: Gunslinger, Medic, Berserker, Firebug
Overpowered perks can just kill everything (Large zeds, Small zeds, Bosses) and move fast while good perks can kill specific types of zeds but not the others
Weak perks struggle with both, although a survivalist can do alot in the good hands but SWAT is just WEAK

Upvote 0
i agree with you 100 percent the support is a very powerful perk and your right it does have awesome weapons! For the big zeds i do use a dooms stick and a fire shot gun and even a boomstick; with the extra damage it takes 2 alt fires to kill a flesh pound in a 6 player game and on hell on earth. sorry i made this post with a 6 player hell on earth game that's what i am referencing. but i still stand in what i said yes you could use other weapons that don't pump for the zed time ability however what i am saying is you can't reload in zed time which MOST perk can do or shoot in zed time except for the sharpshooter ( gun slinger, fire bug,swat, demo, survivalist, commando , the beserker in zed time can run or heal, and the medic becomes a healing grenade. in the case of the sharpshooter he gets a damage multiplier too and can swap weapons fast, while sad to say the support can fire a few rounds AND then reload like a slug in zed time. for the health and resistance yes the 150 health is good, but what i am trying to say like without it you have to be close to them to maximize your damage if your far then you have to use extra ammo to kill something , putting on the extra health you would still have to use more ammo so either way your at a disadvantage. finally again with the zed time the penetration skill seems kinda out of place to me as the class at 25 has 500 penetration already.

thank you for the response and tips

Upvote 0
Funnily enough for a perk called "support", it's actually one of the meatiest perk you can pick from. I find it weird that you have so much troubles with it, as it's one of the few perks that can deal with anything...Even with its starting weapon mind you !

Hell, you could probably finish a playthrough while using only an upgraded boomstick and a handful of grenades.

Not to mention that very few weapons in his arsenal are truly bad. Even the M4, which has been considered underwhelming countless times in the past, is actually great now : you can fire mid-reload (and reload anytime), it's quite accurate for a shotgun, and packs a nice punch.

And let's not mention the AA-12 : it's a T4, but it could as well be a T5 : it has everything.

And since the support is not a very complicated perk, I can't even think of real tips to give you : it's a fair and square, "in-your-face" class. You pick a powerful gun and blast everything that comes in front of you.

If I can give you two very generalistic rules of thumb :

1)Never forget to use your grenades, you got some of the best in the game.

2)Don't purchase a new gun too fast. More often than not : you can easily fend off one or two more waves with what you have.

Reactions: Soundwave9747
Upvote 0