• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Maneater Known Issues PSA

Any chance if playing on xbox without constant overheating THIS weekend? I know things are released differently on different platforms. Just would like to plan time to spend with this game, for now I'm making other plans until more concrete dates can be given.

As I've said, can't wait to play it for more than the 20 min I could.

Upvote 0
Except the big fps drops that make the gameplay not playable at times, the dead horse lake bug with the landmark, I also found another landmark bug in the museum landmark with the stone people in the gulf I also couldn't get that landmark in my first save file at least. Also when you in the middle of a cutscene and you pause after unpausing it auto skips the cutscenes losing the story content unintentionally. Also if I reach max level before the the first scaley Pete fight where I get the elder size upgrade it shows am an elder but I am a mega after the little cutscenes of size change so idk if there might be a bug there about the stats. Also I love the game and have a blast and I know you will fix the problems! I would also like a custom remapping option for consoles controllers if it easy for you. Much love to the team! Just a friendly little shark swimming in your game!

Upvote 0
I've got one nutrition cache that won't show up. It's in the arena where you face off against the Apex Orca. The icon shows on the map but there's nothing at the location. I think I unlocked it during the Apex battle but died very shortly afterwards and this is preventing me from completing the game.

Also, I had the crashing/overheating problem. I replaced the thermal paste on my Xbox One X, as the fans did tend to run more often than they should. It's quieter now but still runs the fans a lot and I also had an issue last night where the sound effects started sounding like static noise.

Love the game though!

Upvote 0
so will i have to throw it all over again? because of a sign, will i have to start over?

Upvote 0
Can I just double check here that people are coinsistently saying how much fun they had with the game and that their gripe with the save issues makes it so that even after they manage to fix all the issues with overheating, crashing, landmarks and saves being erased that this incredibly short game which takes only about 13 or so hours to 100% is not worth playing again?
In a pandemic where the majority of people are just couch potatoes?

I have issues with the game too and I've also spent money on it to play it .
It is bad that there's issues? Yes ofcourse it is, but am I an adult that chooses to play video games as a hobby, (not a bit of necessity, an absolute luxury hobby) understands stuff like this happen in the industry (Maneater is by no means unique having release issues) but was excited enough to get this game on release so yeah, if my save file was erased, damn right I'd play it again because (as many of you have said) it's still a good, fun game! However not good enough to play again for some people.
The fact that they are actively looking into the fixing this issues, listening to feedback speaks volumes about the devs here.
Theye even stated before that it's not their fault and that higher ups in gaming businesses shoved the game out on a set date, ignoring devs trying to iron out all the wrinkles before relese.

"I'm never playing this game again!"
"I will make it my lifes purpose to get a refund!"
Just wait a bit and grow up. If you really need that money back so badly and are willing to hassle the company for as long as it takes to get it back then 1) Maybe you shouldn't be spending that money on video games and 2) If you've got all the time in the world to hassle the company then you've certainly got time to play the game again when it's fixed.
Thank you another player gets it. This game is truly fun. Yes it is sad about this amazing game having glitches and other issues, but the devs here are constantly responding and working as quickly as they can to fix the issues. I am glad about this as this was my first time ever about reporting anything wrong about a game....why.... because this game is that amazing and something different than what normally comes out.

Yes I get how some issues can be a turn off for some, but they are working on it as quickly as possible which means that once those fixes are done is when I'll be going back to it for another playthrough. These devs took a chance at this idea for a game and they nailed it as many have said, so give them that credit and give them a hand to further help address the issues that they didn't first get when testing the game. Many of us gamers have gotten games that have been both pushed back to further make sure that there are no issues or released when originally said which they should have pushed back instead to polish the game more and players will go back to it later to play it once it gets fixed.

Right now I just want the devs team to focus on these issues, if they even start to get distracted about "adding" anything else to this game right now it will cause further issues. Let's give them some time for these fixes that we have found and once that is done maybe have something to give them ideas for future development to further develop this world they have made.

So let us give them the moral support that they need for this fun amazing game that higher ups did not give them. This is going to be one game that I will be going back to time and time again to play in between other games or have a break given the length of this game and just what you can do in it. I pray that there will be more to this world and will wait to find out what else they will do.

Upvote 0
Hey everyone,

We are so excited to see so many of you splashing around the gulf in Maneater, but we are aware some of you are being impacted by some issues which we know is not ideal. We want to let you know we are digging into these reports and the following is a non exhaustive list of top issues we are tracking and working on fixes for as soon as we can.

• Xbox One X Overheating - We are aware that some Xbox One X users hare having an overheat shut down/message and are working with Microsoft to address this issue. We are also aware that a set of PS4 players are reporting something similar and also are investigating.
  • Progress Loss/Save Game Issues- We are tracking this issue and have had some success in replicating it. These seem like the primary culprits of this issue impacting players, but we are continuing to investigate other potential causes as well. For now to help avoid this happening to you:
    • Do not play with a controller that can disconnect or lose power
    • Put your console or system into sleep/rest mode during your play session
    • Crashing after or during a story mission/cut scene
    • If possible, create a local or networked backup of a recent save file to return to if this does happen
  • Not being able to 100% (Queen of the Ocean), Landmarks not counting towards completion- We are looking into locations that are not properly unlocking for players across all platforms
    • We believe we have found two causes:
      • Collectibles that are near region boundaries where players can unlock an item while not being in the zone the item is in - We are testing a fix for this issue now that should grant those items to the players once they swim into the zone
      • Collectibles that are gathered but the player dies shortly afterwards and do not properly get noted as unlocked - We are verifying this now
      • If you have 100% each area and this has not unlocked, try opening the grates between regions
  • PS4 Frame Loss - We are investigating reports that users are getting massive frame loss in some situations on PS4.
We hope to have a hotfix out to address many of these by next week. We continue be excited by all of you who have taken a bite into Maneater so far, doubly so for those that have and are helping us track down these issues in our bug forums.

The Work In Progress Patch notes of the hotfix have been posted: https://forums.tripwireinteractive..../hotfix-work-in-progress-patch-notes.2335949/

Dead horse Dexter area bug on my ps4 appears to show 2m left to the target but it is below the car under the mesh.

Upvote 0
Can I get a refund for this game that deleted my save? Thank you for wasting 8 hours of my life and deleting my save game. To any who see the useless advice above to network backup your save on PS4, since this broken game autosaves after deleting your game file the deleted game file will also be uploaded so you will be unable to restore your game. Great idea but it’s broken, don’t waste your time and money. I’ll be contacting Sony about getting my money back for this broken garbage.

Upvote 0
Can I get a refund for this game that deleted my save? Thank you for wasting 8 hours of my life and deleting my save game. To any who see the useless advice above to network backup your save on PS4, since this broken game autosaves after deleting your game file the deleted game file will also be uploaded so you will be unable to restore your game. Great idea but it’s broken, don’t waste your time and money. I’ll be contacting Sony about getting my money back for this broken garbage.
This is exactly what happened to me. The cloud save was overwritten and I lost all progress.

Unlike the post above (TheDapperScrapper), I’m not a couch potato and have been working five days a week. My limited spare time is wasted on the poor state of this game as it stands. As fun as it was to play, I’m not interested in taking part in further beta tests to get this game in a state that’s fit to play, unless TripWire can allow some of game progress to be restored.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tetra
Upvote 0
This is exactly what happened to me. The cloud save was overwritten and I lost all progress.

Unlike the post above (TheDapperScrapper), I’m not a couch potato and have been working five days a week. My limited spare time is wasted on the poor state of this game as it stands. As fun as it was to play, I’m not interested in taking part in further beta tests to get this game in a state that’s fit to play, unless TripWire can allow some of game progress to be restored.
Same!... Many people still have jobs, work, and other tasks that we do. We put an investment of our time and effort and our spare time into this and it was wasted... Thank you for saying this.
And I do sympathize with the devs and I know they are working hard to fix this. I am glad they are aware and making an effort.

I really just hope that long term, after they fix these issues, they intend to do something for the players whose time was wasted.

Reactions: Galenrandir
Upvote 0
I Have 100% Xbox One X Version: Only Graphical Glitches and Tigershark skin bug occurred.

I am playing PS4 Pro Version now (05-30-2020, 05-31-2020), No save bug (had no problems with saves), But a lot of slowed frame rate in all the areas. Pic Below--- Oops didn't copy the photo to USB, But here's Old One.
New one would show (Prosperity 100%) (Caviar 100%) (Gulf 24%).
Maneater_20200531110234.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It does concern me that some on xbox one x saw no issues while others like me had an overheat after 15-20 min every time. I hope the fix addresses my specific issue. No other game does this, my xbox is kept clean and cool in a smoke free house on a shelf. No reason it should overheat. It's comforting that I'm not alone but why would it affect some and not others??

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ok. finished PS4 Version (PS4 PRO) 100%

Real bad Framerate lag fighting the Boats. Framerate lag at times just swimming around all areas. PS4 Pro Fan just kept going on high in various times (frequently) and even in menu and opening screen.

had trouble with bug that did not allow Hunter Bosses 8, 9, 10 to load in at the right times. I had to go back to grotto and hard save twice with Hunter Bosses 8, 10.

Queen of the Ocean Bug.

other than those things game ran ok.

Attachments

• Maneater_20200601120700.jpg
    Maneater_20200601120700.jpg
    273.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Maneater_20200601120004.jpg
    Maneater_20200601120004.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 7
  • Maneater_20200601120012.jpg
    Maneater_20200601120012.jpg
    398.6 KB · Views: 7
Upvote 0
It seems like they still aren't realizing that some of us have gotten every single collectable, opened all the gates, and gotten 100% completion, yet simply haven't gotten the "Queen of the Ocean" trophy to pop...
Waiting for an answer from the devs on that as well, it’s super irritating to have everything done and no achievement to show for it

Upvote 0