• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC v1.094 Blunderbuss cannon ball can collide with the same target multiple times

Category: Code
Summary:
Its cannon ball can hit same target multiple times if it ricochets towards it. Mostly happens with bloats but occasionally i had this happening with Scrakes and Fleshpounds too.

You'd have to hold fire button to avoid explosion.

Edit: i haven't figured why exactly this happens, but it seems it only happens when bool variable bIsTimedExplosive of KFProj_BallisticExplosive class is set to True. I've made custom m79 (which usually doesn't have this issue) to test it and i've set it to true for its projectiles and then it started to perform multiple occasional hits just like Blunderbuss.
There's fail safe piece of code in KFProj_Cannonball_Blunderbuss class, in function ProcessTouch (line 207) to prevent multiple touches by checking whether enough time has passed since the last touch but it seems it doesn't work.

Last edited:
Also

In shotgun mode its pellets do not get damage bonus from Demolitionist's High Impact Rounds skill (extra impact damage with explosive weapons) but do get damage bonus from Armor Piercing Rounds skill (increase damage of direct hits on critical spots). Probably intended, but i don't see why High Impact Rounds shouldn't work since it already works with Pulverizer's blunt attack.

Upvote 0