• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Gunslinger Perk - Yes or No?

Gunslinger Perk - Yes or No?

• Total voters
This is pretty much the same idea of adding a defensive class... there's already someone who's a tank and there's already somebody who uses pistols/magnums... I don't see the point in this really.

If anything things considerable:
A Stealth/Special ops class - uses silenced weapons, doesn't draw aggro while shooting + smoke bomb to stop aggro on players

Actually I can't think of anything else besides that :|

All in all gunslinger seems kind of pointless, doesn't really add a new element to the game imo.

Upvote 0
This is pretty much the same idea of adding a defensive class... there's already someone who's a tank and there's already somebody who uses pistols/magnums... I don't see the point in this really.

If anything things considerable:
A Stealth/Special ops class - uses silenced weapons, doesn't draw aggro while shooting + smoke bomb to stop aggro on players

Actually I can't think of anything else besides that :|

All in all gunslinger seems kind of pointless, doesn't really add a new element to the game imo.

There is actually no perk dedicated to pistols, just a perk with pistols attached for no reason. And how did you get the idea this was a tank?

And this isn't the thread for off-topic perk suggestions. Besides, a spec ops perks is the definition of pointless in KF. It goes against a game mechanic.

Upvote 0
I got the ultimate perk for yeah

I got the ultimate perk for yeah

Prototype: (Melee hybrid) Sword and G18 fullauto,9mm,knife only
skills: 5 sec stealth(invis like stalkers) plus 20% speed boost, Extra sword damage, extra G18 damage,extra armor,10% ressitance to all damage,see stalkers like commando.

This has no niche except the ablity to flee

Upvote 0
Prototype: (Melee hybrid) Sword and G18 fullauto,9mm,knife only
skills: 5 sec stealth(invis like stalkers) plus 20% speed boost, Extra sword damage, extra G18 damage,extra armor,10% ressitance to all damage,see stalkers like commando.

This has no niche except the ablity to flee

You're trolling now, either that or flamebaiting.

Upvote 0
Err the only reason i know that trolling is because of that video on youtube and i have no idea what flamebait is. I just basicly ripped of cyborg ninja from Metal Gear

You're intentionally trying to raise a negative response from forum members with you completely offtopic post that doesn't belong in this thread.

This is the Gunslinger thread, not the "post whatever perk you feel like thread."

I'll stop feeding the troll now.

Yes, you're a troll for trolling.

Upvote 0
I do think more perks would be great, but that's just because i want more weapons in the game!!! gunslinger could be good but i wouldn't want a perk that takes weapons from another class like the 9mm etc from sharpshooter.

*slaps you around with a large trout*

The 9mm and Handcannon were originally not part of the sharpshooter. They were added for little reason, making them sharpie weapons in an update.

I will quote BrPhoenix and say that you did not bother to read the thread fully because if you do, you will find every reason as to why the pistols shouldn't be for the sharpie.

Reactions: CandleJack
Upvote 0
You're intentionally trying to raise a negative response from forum members with you completely offtopic post that doesn't belong in this thread.

This is the Gunslinger thread, not the "post whatever perk you feel like thread."

I'll stop feeding the troll now.

Yes, you're a troll for trolling.
You calling me a troll is trolling,

Upvote 0
I kinda like the "dualist"/ gunslinger perk ideas. But I was thinking it would be better to have just a small arms perk, rather one dedicated to just pistols. In addition to a few pistols, the small arms perk could dual wield light weapons from most perks (minus medic).

Sharpshooter: pistols
Commando: submachine guns
Support: compact/ sawed off shotguns
Demo: pistol/ light grenade launchers
Berserker: dual machetes
Firebug: incendiary pistol

All the weapons wouldn't be as effective as the top tier of the other perks, but they would be lighter and less expensive. The perk would be just as effective overall as other perks, but is going to have to switch weapons more often depending on the situation. To deal with a scrate for example, the perk could use dual pistols when the scrate is far away- and when it gets close they could switch to dual shotguns or machetes. It would be like a jack of all trades, master of none kind of perk.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Necrothreading!!11one :D

So, as to why i'm necrothreading, i have a suggestion.

In combination with the single/dual switch button, i have this:

In single pistol mode, the 9mm/HC gets a small headshot bonus added to it, and maybe a slight bodyshot decrease for the duration of the single wield.
And when dual wielding it's normal, with no headshot bonus.

This would make having one pistol useful, while making GS have more variety in what it can do.

Upvote 0
Guess that means I need a new sig...

Yes, yes it does.

Spoiler!

Upvote 0