• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

what mods would you like to see for ro hos?

This is interesting. The only issue here is the fact the USA did drop two A bombs already. Without a doubt they would have drop one on Russia.

Well it is alternate history. You could say America didn't develop the A-bomb yet, and Russia was fighting Japan on the other front. Hell, that could be another mod - 1945 Russo-Japanese war. You can lift the models from Rising Storm.

Upvote 0
Alternative history, what-if scenarios are always cool too. What if Patton had his wish granted as another user asked? What if Stalin didn't stop at Berlin and kept going west? What if Japan had actually sunk the US carriers at Pearl Harbor and Midway?

What if the WWI didn't end at 1918 and kept going for more years? What if Germany had invaded Franco's Spain and Salazar's Portugal right after France, gaining the Azores and Gibraltar?

We also have a lot of cold war conflicts that often go unnoticed, even Vietnam went unnoticed pretty much until very recently. The Korean War, Soviet Union invasion of Afghanistan, and the biggest of what-if scenarios, what if the Soviet Union hadn't retreated its nuclear missiles from Cuba?

So many possibilities.

Upvote 0
although i prefer the eastern front to any other ww2 theatre, certainly as far as gaming goes, berlin has never really appealled so much to me.

The war completely inevitable at that point, and not that i was a big fan of either side anyway but it shows the Russians at their most savagely cruel, and nazi germany at it's most pathetically desparate.
I know it's the cliche and wasn't the total story but i just think of poor old men in Volkstrum units and brainwashed, terrified children with panzerfausts up against a raping rampaging horde - nah thx

i can do grim, it doesn't get grimmer than Stalingrad, but at least for the most part they were men in their prime, and fighting a desparate battle that to some extent could have gone either way.

Reactions: Major Liability
Upvote 0
Floor of Stalingrad: Killing Heroes

CO-OP Survival Horror

I would so love to see the KF specimens shoved into HOS at some point.

MG nests + Gorefast rush = instant win.

I'd like to see a revival of Mare Nostrum, actually, but something a little out-of-the-box like a Sci-Fi or Modern style conversion would be welcome.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
it wouldn't split up anyone because 99 percent of those mods fail hilariously.

I agree with you on that point.

While some of the mods do sound interesting, most people wouldn't play them. If you are playing a US Revolution or American Civil War mod, do you really think you can keep people in formation and are only allowed to fire when given orders? I say no, you can't. You only have to look at the Battle Grounds mod for HL2 to see how that game turned out.

When it comes to a WWI mod, how do you expect to realistically recreate that experience when a vast majority of the time you were stuck in a trench? To see how that plays out, you only have to play the Trenches HL1/2 mod. It's like CSS but with trenches and a huge No Man's Land in between.

Upvote 0
Well done! IT IS COMPLETE!

AwesomeThread.jpg

Upvote 0
-An ultra hardcore realism mod

-An Ostfront RO classic mod

-A Promod with perfectly balanced squad vs squad CQB-style 1 life gameplay
maps will be in the same sense as those in tf2 "orange texture" maps. Allies would have red uniforms, and Axis could have blue uniforms.

now.. get crack-a-lackin!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I would love to see a mod which tells the story of Operation Market Garden.

From the droppings near Grave,Son & Breugel, Groesbeek and Arnhem.
The capture of Grave bridge. The fights in Nijmegen. The defensive
operations against the German counterattacks. The short but hard fight
at Arnhem bridge. Britsh XXX corps. The river Waal crossing. And the heroic defense
of the Oosterbeek perimeter.

That reminds me of a COD: UO singleplayer mod I had. Twas short , but twas enjoyable :cool:

Upvote 0