• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Deathmatch!

exorio

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Yesss, this probably suggested thousands of times already. And my old thread seems got deleted or something. But, plz, just a simple plain deathmatch mode. Every FPS has got at least the basic deathmatch mode.

Sure, I've searched for deathmatch mods, but they're not officially supported and won't do anything to perks. So, how about perk additions that'll get updated with deathmatch modes?

The weapons are just too awesome to waste on AIs.

MOAR maps! Officially supported, pick some of the best from the whitelist mappack. I've download em but I spent hours knowing my perks aren't leveled.

Unlimited perk levels. Just 5? c'mon? Make it unlimited. Sure, some players will get overpowered or something, but this is the main attraction of killing floor (perks and leveling).

MOAR perks! and also multi perk selection. Perhaps players can get something like defensive perks, better health, better armor and such.

cheers.

But the point is KF is mod for UT which made it NOT be Deathmatch, and what you want is simply going back to original UT. PURPOSE of KF is to play it like a survival horror, not children shooting each other like in UT or CSS. Making Deathmatch in KF would actually make it NOT feel like KF. And if you really want Deathmatch, just go play on server with friendly fire on.

Upvote 0
I don't mean making deathmatch as the main purpose/gameplay type of KF. Call it "additional feature".

Just like COD:WAW zombie mode. Did it make it zombie game and direct competitor to L4D? Nope dude. It's a BONUS/ADDITIONAL feature. People will still play KF mainly for its co-op mode.

Yet the code is there already. As you've said yourself even non-professional modders can get this running. Just officially support it within the game. With ranks and perks perhaps.

Reactions: HaTeMe
Upvote 0
What's the difference? PERKS of course! And the weapons I've told you.

Even tho it's UT2004 mod, it doesn't feel like UT. I know, because I'm an UT player aswell.

As for your second question, how many people played COD:WAW Zombies compared to those L4D players? And yet they'll still implementing it to COD:Black Ops :|. People don't grab copies of COD for the zombies, but for the war feel the game deliver.

as I've said what's wrong with "additional features"?

Upvote 0
as I've said what's wrong with "additional features"?
They take too much RAM? If you want a mod, or anything just download mutators, why just force others to have a game mode which almost noone uses? It's waste of RAM. As well I can ask "why can't we have milion maps on Killing Floor?" Please, don't take me wrong, I am just telling my opinion on it, explaining why I think so. Of course others can agree/disagree with me, but to be honest on many other threads you can see the same question asked many times (like "Loving Killing Floor"). Of course I may be wrong, but I think most of people around here agree on it's a bad idea.

Reactions: slavek
Upvote 0
Every FPS has got at least the basic deathmatch mode.
The co-op ones don't...

MOAR maps! Officially supported, pick some of the best from the whitelist mappack. I've download em but I spent hours knowing my perks aren't leveled.
More maps were added not long ago, no need to get greedy. That said, there are hundreds of maps whitelisted, so it's just a matter of finding the right servers really.

Unlimited perk levels. Just 5? c'mon? Make it unlimited. Sure, some players will get overpowered or something, but this is the main attraction of killing floor (perks and leveling).
Perks and levelling are not the main attraction of KF, otherwise it would have been marketed as another bull**** MMO rather than a co-op survival FPS. Interestingly, what version of Killing Floor have you pirated if you still only have up to level 5 perks?

MOAR perks! and also multi perk selection. Perhaps players can get something like defensive perks, better health, better armor and such.
Wouldn't work, as it would make the game far too easy. On top of that, this game is supposed to be getting harder instead of adding more power to players.
Any major roles that need to be filled are already filled by current perks also.

My brain screams troll, but meh.

Upvote 0
Memory wise, I don't think it'll change KF in requirements or so. You don't load it, so it won't be loaded into memory.

The co-op ones don't...

Then explain why the non-pro modders can activate the deathmatch mode easily in a map?

Again, what's wrong with ADDITIONAL FEATURE? The code is in there already?

Yet, it's just a suggestion anyways. And pointed to the dev teams, not the forum members/lurkers.

I can say the same thing to you guys, if you don't want to play DM why don't you just play HL sven co-op instead?

It's not like I asked KF to be a deathmatch only game, instead ADD DM as ONE OF THE GAME MODE, that's all.

See, I don't like domination in UT, so I don't play it. What's so difficult in doing that? duh?

Who knows, because of the popularity of KF in coop, more people play, then they got interested in DM mode. That's how it works in reverse when people got UT2004 then stumbled into KF right?

More maps were added not long ago, no need to get greedy. That said, there are hundreds of maps whitelisted, so it's just a matter of finding the right servers really.

Perks and levelling are not the main attraction of KF, otherwise it would have been marketed as another bull**** MMO rather than a co-op survival FPS. Interestingly, what version of Killing Floor have you pirated if you still only have up to level 5 perks?

want to see my steam receipt? I'll post it here if I have to.

You got any base on your accuse dude? You don't like my idea, fine. But getting immature offensive comment like this?

I just played this game about a week or so and my char is on level 3 commando. I read on a wiki somewhere that said level 5 is the max. So thanks for the correction anyway.

Upvote 0
Lets see, what are the suggestions?

Deathmatch? No perks working? I personally suggest doubling up your mod with the perk allowance mod. That way you can play as a perk withou leveling, ect.

Anyways, deathmatches were never very interesting to me, but I won't ruin your fun.

As for more maps, I have 2 responses
1) Do you have the 1014 update? It added, what 5 maps?
2) Have you tried ever looking at community maps? There are sooo many of them, and many have a superior level of quality that looks even proffesional.

As for unlimited perk levels....
I think that would require about 10 more difficulties to make it work. I mean, for one it would really piss me off if a level 50 yommoassis came in and took 100% of the servers kills.
For another, I think I would get horribly bored once I get them all past a point, thereby ruining the game for me.
And last, but not least, since when to perks just go to level 5?

And for more perks...
Thats easier said than done. Many argue that the game has enough perks, and others argue that there is room for improvement. In any case, good perks are hard to come up with. Trust me, this forum has been trying for pretty much all it's existence. And by the way, isn't the medic kinda like that defensive perk, in a way?

Cheers.

Upvote 0
Yeah

anyway, no matter what infants (and probably illegally under aged to play this game aswell) who got their copy of KF from their mom said about officially supported deathmatch mode (meh btw), I still think it would be a blast to have deathmatch in KF.

The benefits for tripwire are

1. It will attract more diversed players. Probably those who come from CS or UT or Quake.
2. Doesnt need alot of work. Start with the basic deathmatch support, and see how this would go on KF. The team can fetch the already available mods for KF. It's not that easy I know. But deathmatch are relatively easier to execute as most of mods are started as multiplayer game. KF even stated tougher than a deathmatch. It needs AIs. So I know you guys are able to execute it easiy.
3. Longer age for KF. Most FPS games become immortal through this simple mode. Let alone when the KF playets reached their maximum levels, deathmatch would help the replayability factors.
4. Additional modes wont hurt KF at heart. It'll still be known as a brutal co op survival game. As much as cod:waw wouldn't be known as zombie game.
5. Tripwire will become known as generous dev team :)

And just to merge my other thread which i was mistakenly thought deleted, use the KF gameplay element. One player got hunted by others and the last survivor get to the store (so of course he got beyyer equipped and get all the frags if other players wont cooperate to hunt him/her) while others hunt him for the loots (weapons and armor or such) with whatever weapon their class are.

More suggestion how about an option to store stats locally? Sometimes steam even refuse to run in offline mode, I had to make sure my account is logged in and then i can activate steam in offline mode.

And of course better presentations, meaning better interface and such. Good presentation=attract moar people.

Cheers guys :)

Upvote 0
The benefits for tripwire are

1. It will attract more diversed players. Probably those who come from CS or UT or Quake.
2. Doesnt need alot of work. Start with the basic deathmatch support, and see how this would go on KF. The team can fetch the already available mods for KF. It's not that easy I know. But deathmatch are relatively easier to execute as most of mods are started as multiplayer game. KF even stated tougher than a deathmatch. It needs AIs. So I know you guys are able to execute it easiy.
3. Longer age for KF. Most FPS games become immortal through this simple mode. Let alone when the KF playets reached their maximum levels, deathmatch would help the replayability factors.
4. Additional modes wont hurt KF at heart. It'll still be known as a brutal co op survival game. As much as cod:waw wouldn't be known as zombie game.
5. Tripwire will become known as generous dev team :)

And just to merge my other thread which i was mistakenly thought deleted, use the KF gameplay element. One player got hunted by others and the last survivor get to the store (so of course he got beyyer equipped and get all the frags if other players wont cooperate to hunt him/her) while others hunt him for the loots (weapons and armor or such) with whatever weapon their class are.

More suggestion how about an option to store stats locally? Sometimes steam even refuse to run in offline mode, I had to make sure my account is logged in and then i can activate steam in offline mode.

And of course better presentations, meaning better interface and such. Good presentation=attract moar people.

Cheers guys :)

1: It will atract more diversed players. But i dont think most of us want to see even more people that dont even play with their teammates.

2: Doesnt need a lot of work... not when you are working on an AAA game that will set the standards for a few years.

3: KF will never be immortal because of the Whitelist. Always have to be updated it and i dont think TWI can do this for 10 years. And we already have crazy mutators that can attract way more people than a simple Deathmatch mode (that you can find in thousands of other games). And KF already has thousands of hours of replayability with the mods like the WTF mutator, the BD Vehicles mutator + over 500 maps.

4: You are comparing Activision with Tripwire.... TWi doesnt have a big marketing team. And like i said, there is already a few awesome mutators.

5: Tripwire is already known as a generous dev team.

Oh and finally, forget the part about having your stats on you HDD.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
As for more maps, I have 2 responses
1) Do you have the 1014 update? It added, what 5 maps?
2) Have you tried ever looking at community maps? There are sooo many of them, and many have a superior level of quality that looks even proffesional.

Yeah got the whilelist mappack from this forum. But my char dont get leveled with most of the maps.

As for unlimited perk levels....
I think that would require about 10 more difficulties to make it work. I mean, for one it would really piss me off if a level 50 yommoassis came in and took 100% of the servers kills.
For another, I think I would get horribly bored once I get them all past a point, thereby ruining the game for me.
And last, but not least, since when to perks just go to level 5?

Mmorpgs also got some overpowered chars and that wont stop newbies from playing the game. Let alone levling in MMORPGS are tedious and long process, so Idont see why this wont be able to be applied in KF? Experienced players wont play in beginners servers that's for sure.

And after they feel their char is too powerful to run in co op that's where the deathmatch mode will please them.
And for more perks...
Thats easier said than done. Many argue that the game has enough perks, and others argue that there is room for improvement. In any case, good perks are hard to come up with. Trust me, this forum has been trying for pretty much all it's existence. And by the way, isn't the medic kinda like that defensive perk, in a way?

I'll leave the perk sugesstions to others who got more experience in this game. My main suggestion still about the deathmatch mode. as for the level limit i've told you i read it in a wiki somewhere. I probably misread it or something.

Cheers.

Upvote 0
Yeah got the whilelist mappack from this forum. But my char dont get leveled with most of the maps.

Mmorpgs also got some overpowered chars and that wont stop newbies from playing the game. Let alone levling in MMORPGS are tedious and long process, so Idont see why this wont be able to be applied in KF? Experienced players wont play in beginners servers that's for sure.

And after they feel their char is too powerful to run in co op that's where the deathmatch mode will please them.

I'll leave the perk sugesstions to others who got more experience in this game. My main suggestion still about the deathmatch mode. as for the level limit i've told you i read it in a wiki somewhere. I probably misread it or something.

Cheers.

I'll respond to these by order.

For the perks-not-working, the whitelist testers are working as hard as they can to make sure that the maximum amout of fair maps without obvious exploits become whitlisted. It takes time, but until then, I personally enjoy the many whitelisted existing maps.

As for the infite perks thing......well it revolves around two things:
1)deathmatch is a good idea
2)everyone who exists loves deathmatch if, not them burn them at the stake for not playing mw2 or CSS.
As for me, I play KF becuase of it's co-op and many people as well do.
As for the newbies being hurt, I'm not talking about the newbies, but the people who know what they're doing but aren't quite so godly. You know, the average KF player. I know for a fact that this would screw them over, make suicidal even more boring and pretentious, and would make perk farming become a way of life for most players.

Cheers once more, lads!

Upvote 0
As for the infite perks thing......well it revolves around two things:
1)deathmatch is a good idea
2)everyone who exists loves deathmatch if, not them burn them at the stake for not playing mw2 or CSS.
As for me, I play KF becuase of it's co-op and many people as well do.
As for the newbies being hurt, I'm not talking about the newbies, but the people who know what they're doing but aren't quite so godly. You know, the average KF player. I know for a fact that this would screw them over, make suicidal even more boring and pretentious, and would make perk farming become a way of life for most players.

Cheers once more, lads!

Well my point is still the same. Deathmatch is essential mode. And easy to execute. And i'll say it again, i'm not asking to CONVERTING KF game style from co op to deathmatch. You make it sound like this is my suggestion on te deathmatch mode. No I don't.

What i'm asking is ADDING deathmatch mode as the ADDITIONAL feature. People will still fetch KF for what it's known, the co op mode, as much as people who fetch COD:WAW not for the zombie mode but for the world war scenarios it mainly built for.

It wont hurt KF in any ways to have additional features like this.

Upvote 0
Well my point is still the same. Deathmatch is essential mode. And easy to execute. And i'll say it again, i'm not asking to CONVERTING KF game style from co op to deathmatch. You make it sound like this is my suggestion on te deathmatch mode. No I don't.

What i'm asking is ADDING deathmatch mode as the ADDITIONAL feature. People will still fetch KF for what it's known, the co op mode, as much as people who fetch COD:WAW not for the zombie mode but for the world war scenarios it mainly built for.

It wont hurt KF in any ways to have additional features like this.

I'm so much against the deathmatch mode as the others, which I feel hurt the game.

As for deathmatch, I am mostly apathetic; I won't play it, and it won't really effect me. However, I do have one qualm: that it might distract TWI from other things, if it turns out to be more trouble than it's worth. After all, in order to make it half-decent, one must put more work than just using the existing features, I'm guessing.

If it is pretty much so easy that they could do it uber-easily, then it once again doesn't really matter. I think it'd be rather boring, and I would prefer games meant for deathmatch, but what does it matter to me? I still disagree with your former statements and think that deathmatch mode might turn into a load of trouble not really worth the risk, but who am I to judge?

Upvote 0