• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Is the chainsaw useless

From what i've heard, outside of games and movies, the chainsaw is useless.

The chain's teeth are designed for wood, and if you were to apply a chainsaw to flesh it would inevitably clog up the chain and jam the chainsaw up; rendering it useless.

A chainsword with teeth moving backwards and forwards would be a better "chainsaw"-style weapon as it eliminates the clogging.

Something like this with the teeth going up and down, toward the top then back down towards the hilt.

26061.jpg

But thank Trip that's not how the chainsaw in KF works. :)

Reactions: Merin Redplate
Upvote 0
A chainsword with teeth moving backwards and forwards would be a better "chainsaw"-style weapon as it eliminates the clogging.

Something like this with the teeth going up and down, toward the top then back down towards the hilt.
in real life like a hedgetrimmer? even the big petrol ones jam up.

nah what you need is an abrasive wheel disk cutter they use on the railway.
when i learnt to use it they showed a vid of it going through a sheep carcass or something, and it was pretty terrifying.

That would be the berzerker weapon to end all others.

Upvote 0
Does the .5 HS multiplier on the Chainsaw(for the Beta) make it better? Or rather make it worth using?

I think its just as bad as it was pre-update. Specimens still walk around after you cut their head off, and katana is still faster at killing than the chainsaw is. If you hold down the primary fire it takes a while until anything goes down while katana is one-hit kill. If you use the altfire with chainsaw you most likely end up taking their head off and thats when they start walking around and hitting you when you least expect it.

Aaand in addition it makes you slow and wastes your carrying capacity.

Im not saying that it should be god like but it costs the same as katana does (unless they changed the prize, havent checked), it should at least be way cheaper to match its usefulness.

Reactions: Merin Redplate
Upvote 0

when i learnt to use it they showed a vid of it going through a sheep carcass or something, and it was pretty terrifying.

I'm tempted to post a new thread on the ideas and suggestions forum with nothing but quoting this.

Upvote 0
From what i've heard, outside of games and movies, the chainsaw is useless.

The chain's teeth are designed for wood, and if you were to apply a chainsaw to flesh it would inevitably clog up the chain and jam the chainsaw up; rendering it useless.

See, I knew you were a murderer.

Someone please do this.

Upvote 0