• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

GOOD suggestions!

gvdgvdgvd

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 12, 2010
1st of all - we see that you will add new music but please AT ALL COST do not remove the music from the first red orchestra especially the theme from menu

2nd- about the tanks-well i REALLY DONT expect realistic tank experience- why - because RO is not a tanks simulator...
BUT
a BIG BUT....
there is modern jet fighter simualtor and KA 50 simulator (search google for lock on flaming cliffs 2 and ka 50 black shark) that provides the unique option
yes unique
for players playing 2 simulators to join in one server....
example-player 1 flies in MiG 21 and player 2 flies in KA 50 attack helicopter....at the same time- at the same server....
so what am I trying to say?
id you wanna be tank crewmember you load the game from the tank platform(or if not needed the game may load as one piece and then you choose your role as infantry or as tank crewmember
but this is not the real problem here...
I can give you a realistic WW@ tank simulator
it is called T34 vs TIGER
and yet this is the most realistic T 34 and tiger simulator you will find....
BUT it is only for T 34 and tiger....
SO imagine that the RED ORCHESTRA 3 MIGHT HAVE????
just imagine- a realistic tanks, realistic experience for tankers...and something else-may be we will be able to join the arty squad and calculate and fire arty when we get coordinates from the squad leader.....
or be able to manipulate with MORTARS.......
fix minor damages on tanks using tools and etc.....
I believe that this is the future of PC gaming- NO
I believe that this is the future of future PC BATTLEFIELD SIMULATION
And I believe that TRIPWIRE ARE THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN MAKE OUR DREAMS COME TRUE....

an another idea- Il 2 sturmovik 1942??
heard of it-realistic WW2 plane simulator-can take control of any aircraft even JET planes after the ww2...
imagine-infantry, tanks, planes arty, and probably some day ships????
NO I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT BATTLEFIELD 1942 BECAUSEIT IS A HELL OF A FAIL.....ordinary soldier jumps in a plane and flies it-disgusting...
but may be some day tripwire will make this all possible.....

Lots here.

I was on the T34 vs. Tiger play-testing team, and saw all the warts of this game first-hand, with many issues we found never being addressed (because of publisher-mandated time constrainst mostly), and the MP engine component was rubbish that was never fixed. Depsite my NDA, I tried to damp down expectations of the game being the second coming of Panzer Elite, which so many gamers had hoped for. If you want to play a good WW2 tank sim IMO, try Steel Fury. It's only an SP game, but done pretty well as such.

TWI is doing something very novel with RO2, in the fact that they're taking an FPS game and expanding the format to include tank simulation elements also (and tactical battlegame elements too), while maintaining the high standards of 1st-person modeling for the game's vehicles and crews, which requires much of the crew interaction that gamers would expect from the 1st-person perspective (something I've not seen in any tank sim yet). As has been expressed in recent RO2 interviews, also doing a tank sim within an FPS game, involving a high degree of 1st-person modeling for both the crews and their vehicle compartments, requires tons more work. I'll wager there won't be many sophisticated vehicle mods for RO2, unless they're ones done with direct assistance from TWI.

Anyway, TWI is creating with RO2 the foundation for much more than just the traditional shooter experience, but for simulating weapon platforms within the FPS game environment also. No doubt this work has consumed a lot more time than they might have expected, but the end results will give the RO2 platform much more in the way of "legs" than any shooter game we may have seen to date. All this with goals of making the game more elegant to play, and more accessable to a wider or newly interested audience being sought also at the same time.

I'm sure TWI understands the greater possibilities that their investment in these new capabilities will now allow them to anticipate for future game developments.

Last edited:
Upvote 0