• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Anonymous EA Employee Tells All: Why Warhammer Failed & Why SWTOR Will Fail

Zips

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 4, 2006
Rapture
totalgamingnetwork.com
Going only by the handle of "EA Louse", a soon to be former employee at Electronic Arts, provides a tell-all about some of the inner workings at EA and why, he feels, Warhammer ended up being a monumental failure.

Furthermore, Louse explains why he believes Star Wars: The Old Republic will end up as the worst failure in the history of MMO's.

From the slams against the higher-ups, to his thoughts on the slap the face that was the marketing team for Warhammer, no subject is apparently off limits. If you want brutal, in your face honesty, you should definitely read this article.

My boss who will not be named, again and again would tell us that Rob Denton, one of the original owners, said we should​

Last edited:
Very interesting, I used to be one of those wow-killer type of blind fans about warhammer online, only to find out that at the first Christmas after the release(3 months later) the game was still a pile of crap, not just the design of end game which is probably the most important part of a MMO but even the most simple, like coalition or general server performance.

Not to mention all those crazy stuff about being happy when EA bought Mythic and saving their asses, especially whenever they announced a new delay that proved their support from EA. I had never given it much thought and just guessed that they wanted to make a game that eventually was just impossible for their servers to handle, but after reading this, I have no reason to not believe him...

Now, this is actually the first game that EA really ruined for me(being a huge warhammer fan), and although late, I am glad to find out about this.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well Zips, I know a lot of people who are waiting for the Star Wars game.
Whole Guilds are planning to make the switch from WoW to something new.

I've linked the information to those that I know. I'll be interested to see how they react.
None of that in there are my thoughts on anything, the stuff in the indent is from the linked article from the EA Louse.

I'm looking forward to SWTOR as well, but if even a bit of what he says is true about it, my hope is quite a bit more diminished than what it was.

Upvote 0