• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Annoying And Most Inconvient Please Help I Have Ran Out of Options!

eLvY

Oct 14, 2010
Hi, I bought Killing Floor like 3 days ago and i logged into my first game only to find that no specimens were spawning the clock/wave counter has stopped and my teammates were running into walls continuously I looked at these forums and I saw some other people had the same issue so i followed all the stepped that they said worked for them but, none so far have worked I've tried everything from using 6 different ports to reinstalling Killing Floor??

Please Help!

:(:(:(:(:(

I don't understand.

I don't understand.

Okay, I don't understand and sorry for the language but this game is really starting to ****ing **** me.

Nothing against Tripwire but I'd some1 to post an Up-To-Date way to fix this pain in the arse problem I mean honestly, I have tried EVERYTHING this forum has to offer in regards to trying to "Fix" the issue but nothing absolutely and currently I cannot join 1 single game...

Upvote 0
The problem is that's the only fix that exists short of getting Thomson to fix their router. They have created a ridiculous rule to allow tech support to remotely reset your router that conflicts with normal traffic. Valve was nice enough to create a work around in Steam, but they lost that functionality when they went to the new Steam interface. So, now it's down to telneting into your router, pestering Thomson to actually fix their hardware(we tried, they didn't care), or buy a new router from a real networking company(Cisco, D-Link, Netgear, etc.)

Upvote 0
Just to follow up on this, and further to my PM to you earlier, what is even worse about this situation is that Thomson supply these routers to a large array of ISPs. These routers are locked down more than if you buy them off the shelf to the specifications of the ISPs, which almost always involve them putting a custom firmware on there to prevent you using them on other ISPs if you decide to switch companies. You are with BigPond, and so they have a custom firmware which locks it to their service only - it won't get a connection to the internet if you decide to switch providers. As part of this process they typically disable Telnet access because you can usually get around these limitations by using it to make changes, or to change the firmware. Having said that, if you look at this page: http://bc.whirlpool.net.au/bc/hardware/?action=h_view&model_id=897 it states that it does have Telnet access, and as long as this is accurate then you should be able to correct the problem.

I found a post which says the following:

• Telnet into the router at 10.0.0.138

Upvote 0