• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

You can never appease everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zakkshock

May 24, 2009
North Alabama
It hasn't even been 24 hours since the release of the Post-Mourtem update, and people are already urinating blood over it.

"OH WAAAHHH THEY TOOK AWAY MY OVER POWERED CLASS AND MADE IT SLIGHTLY INCONVENIENT! WAHHH" Deal with it. Your "Class", whatever it may have been, has most certainly been overpowered since the initial release of the game.

I'm talking to the buzz killing sharp shooters who can instantly stem the threat of a flesh-pound or scrake with a bloody crossbow. Or the people who are now complaining "OH MY GOD WHAT? THE FIREBUG IS FINALLY NOT GOING TO BE KICKED AROUND BY OTHER CLASSES? THIS WILL SURELY NOT DO. BOYCOTT BOYCOTT BOYCOTT!" So what? The Firebug can hold it's own, alone, now. Deal with it. I personally would much rather have a firebug torch the living hell out of a fleshpound than have some "super-uber-1337-prox83719x9278xxxx1337" sharpshooter take it out with a bloody crossbow!

More to the point, with every update to a game that alters the variables in some way, you're going to have people who complain unmercifully about it.

"But they made my gun weaker!" Who cares, change your playing strategy. "But the firebug gets everything handed to them!" Deal with it. We firebugs have been taking it up the *** since the release of the game.

Trying to vent; I feel better.
Good day, TWI-forums.

Reactions: RO.Player
"OH WAAAHHH THEY TOOK AWAY MY OVER POWERED CLASS AND MADE IT SLIGHTLY INCONVENIENT! WAHHH" Deal with it. Your "Class", whatever it may have been, has most certainly been overpowered since the initial release of the game.

We firebugs have been taking it up the *** since the release of the game.

see this is exactly why i get frustrated when people start identifying themselves as a specific "perk" instead of just somebody who plays the game......cause then everytime an update comes out and perks/weapons get tweeked, you'll always end up with people on one end of the spectrum raging about it and then people on the other end of the spectrum saying "HAHAH deal with it" :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Well ima sorta pissed what they did to commando just reading it. I wont get to play until tonight to find out what damage has truely been done. Commando was a class that didnt to be touched. Didnt need to be powered more or nerfed. it *was* a class that was just right.

But there are a few good changes in the patch. ++ for that

I think Sharpshooter got off easy tho. Only wieght and cost increase.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think Sharpshooter got off easy tho. Only wieght and cost increase.

You forgot the mag reduction for M14. It now has 7+1 mags.

I was having a blast running out of ammo on the M14, it felt good to have to conserve ammo; which i didn't, i could still spam with the low recoil. (nudge, nudge)

A price hike on the Xbow is fine, though now L6 SS starts with enough money to buy a SCAR regardless. as commando L6

Upvote 0
see this is exactly why i get frustrated when people start identifying themselves as a specific "perk" instead of just somebody who plays the game......
Damn, beat me to it.

I still like the SCAR better than the AK and for some reason I get way more unsighted headshots with it, so the nerf isn't particularly devastating for me... though I notice I do end waves with very little ammo instead of over 2/3 capacity remaining.

As for SS getting off easy... let's just say having level 5 in that I've yet to be able to play a Hard game with the bow without joining right on the patty round. D:

Upvote 0
To be frank I am just complaining of the fact that the number of rounds of the M14 was reduced, but the damage wasn't increased.
The focus of the sharpshooter is precision shooting: few shots but everyone of them should be a kill.
So, the reduction of the bullets pool was correct, but it should have been balanced with an increase of damage.
On the same note, I wouldn't mind of the crossbow's ammo pool was halved, if the damage was doubled.

Upvote 0
To be frank I am just complaining of the fact that the number of rounds of the M14 was reduced, but the damage wasn't increased.
The focus of the sharpshooter is precision shooting: few shots but everyone of them should be a kill.
So, the reduction of the bullets pool was correct, but it should have been balanced with an increase of damage.
On the same note, I wouldn't mind of the crossbow's ammo pool was halved, if the damage was doubled.

Are...are you insane? Double Crossbow damage? LOL, Game broken, ahnialated even.

Upvote 0

I call troll.
troll.png

Upvote 0
Well ima sorta pissed what they did to commando just reading it. I wont get to play until tonight to find out what damage has truely been done. Commando was a class that didnt to be touched. Didnt need to be powered more or nerfed. it *was* a class that was just right.

Yeah its funny actually cause most people considered Commando the most balanced perk in the game :p

BUUUUT I just played a long game on hard difficulty as lvl 5 commando with 5 other players and it still seemed to be doing great. Had even most kills even tho I wasnt actually trying to. Fleshpounds were a tad more challenging but I managed to avoid them nevertheless.

20 darts...
That's not even enough to kill all the special infected in the 9th wave...

T_T

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.