• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Game is unplayable after patch

DAWGCUZ

Oct 8, 2010
Hey everybody. I'm new to the forums (not new to KF however.) Been playing since around December of last year off and on (more addicted to it recently though.)

Anyway ever since the update yesterday I haven't been able to join any multiplayer games as the game just gives me the connecting message and sits in a dark screen forever.

I decided to at least try out solo and I can't even do that since in solo I can't even choose my perk (as if I was playing with a mutator... I'm not) and even worse I get the server connecting message flashing and flickering all over my screen. Here's a screen:
kfproblem.jpg

I'm really excited for the Mac10 and the new maps just look amazing. I'm a junkie without his fix right now!

Any help will be greatly appreciated, and thanks. :)

i have gotten that connecting text in my screen several times this month. mostly from editing the killingfloor.ini- trying to set up a redirect. or some trojan in my computer messed it up. i had to reinstall killing floor 3 times this month. that's the only way i was able to fix the problem you have. the other problem i had was installing all 700 maps of mine....3 times over :(

Upvote 0
i have gotten that connecting text in my screen several times this month. mostly from editing the killingfloor.ini- trying to set up a redirect. or some trojan in my computer messed it up. i had to reinstall killing floor 3 times this month. that's the only way i was able to fix the problem you have. the other problem i had was installing all 700 maps of mine....3 times over :(
I tried reinstalling the game... Nothing different. :/

Here's a hint, press tab :p

EDIT: for the flashing issue
Pressing Tab doesn't get rid of the flashing connection images. Not to mention I still can't select my perks. :/

Windows has a built in firewall.... You can probably find it in the Control Panel.

Hope you figure it out...
Also my firewall is disabled. :/

Upvote 0