• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics New Firebug weapon tactics

We all know that a new Firebug weapon, the MAC10, has been released.
This is new ground, so even the older players will likely be in need of some tactics.

So, no matter the case, lets post some new firebug tactics, or any tactics that have to do with this weapon.

Also, any of the new map tactics are perfect here as well :D

Last edited:
We all know that a new Firebug weapon, the MAC10, has been released.
This is new ground, so even the older players will likely be in need of some tactics.

So, no matter the case, lets post some new firebug tactics, or any tactics that have to do with this weapon.

Also, any of the new map tactics are perfect here as well :D

I want a rollback and no more.

Upvote 0
Setting it on full auto and firing it more than a short burst makes it almost impossible to control. Just testing out a magazine burst at Lv. 5, I was aiming at the ceiling. It's easier to compensate for the flamer than it is for this gun, as sad as I must say.

the recoil makes semi-auto a must.

However, I have a question: is it better to aim for the head, or level faster by aiming at the chest?

Upvote 0
Pretty much what has already been said here: controlled bursts, good for taking out husks and weakened scrakes (also FPs to some extent). Also, headshots on suicidal are pretty much one shot kills for most specimen. If that doesn't work, fire will do the job (and it looks like it's 2x the flamer's damage on time).

I just really dislike the fact that I have yet another weapon binded on the same number as flamer with HIGHER priority. It was the same with pipebombs: press 4, start flam- oh wait, dropped a pipebomb *boom*. :D

Upvote 0
Theres no need for more than 1 bullet anyway, it decaps little things in 1 shot and for Scrakes, Husks, Sirens and Fleshpounds you just happen to have enough spare weight for a Crossbow.

My only complaint with the Mac10... aside from the complete and utter randomness... is who the **** decided it should be placed in slot 4? Flamethrower and Crossbow are both special weapons, what the hell was the point making it another special weapon so you can NEVER select the 1 you want!

Upvote 0
Theres no need for more than 1 bullet anyway, it decaps little things in 1 shot and for Scrakes, Husks, Sirens and Fleshpounds you just happen to have enough spare weight for a Crossbow.

My only complaint with the Mac10... aside from the complete and utter randomness... is who the **** decided it should be placed in slot 4? Flamethrower and Crossbow are both special weapons, what the hell was the point making it another special weapon so you can NEVER select the 1 you want!

This.

Upvote 0

Mankind will live on.

Upvote 0
Mankind will live on.

It would also live on if the Mac10 was never implemented, that doesn't make having multiple weapons on the same slot any less annoying.

Did you have a point to make or were you just trolling?

@Eric, Mac10. Its so light it combines with either a Flamethrower or a Crossbow easily, both of which occupy slot 4 and are mutually exclusive (unless you have the dumbest set up a Support could handle). It might mess with other combinations but those seem the most likely for a Firebug...

Upvote 0
Just tried grinding with the Mac-10. After 20 rounds of Normal with about 1000 kills, still no 4.2m

I'm guessing either only the fire damage counts, or none of it counts, because I was basically tearing through everything. So it's more of a back-up weapon than a Firebug leveler apparently. Anyone with a lowlevel FB want to verify?

Upvote 0
I did some testing earlier, the bullets do not seem to count toward the firebug perk at all, even wielded by a firebug. Only the burn damage counts.

So if you want to powerlevel, one bullet into the gut then let them burn out.

Not quite... if you want to power level Firebug, stick with a Flamethrower. The Mac 10s power comes from decapping. It remedies the situation where a foe is decapped and left to hobble around by burning them to death at the same time. If you wanted to simply burn things to death just use a Flamethrower and honestly, i'd say stick with that until lvl6 unless you want a VERY slow levelling time. Mac 10/Crossbow just makes you a powerhouse on all waves.

Upvote 0