• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Have the picture match the description

Well, the Level Up trailer states that the outbreak has been going on for (I think) 6 months, and has only gotten worse (hence why there are Husks now). So it's fair to say that they probably know a bit about the current Specimens.

Perhaps a bit of a compromise though. The "briefing" section starts-out empty, but slowly fills as you kill more specimens. Simply seeing a specimen will put it in your briefing (so that you can connect appearance to name), but you have to get actual kills on them for any data to start filling-out. You could even take it a step further and say that you need to survive the wave for any data to be logged, as to take a little from Candlejack saying that the briefing data is coming from survivors of the attacks.

Yes, because with all the M14 spammers and zerdics running around nowadays, would they not share their knowledge with others they encounter; speaking from a game point of view.

Upvote 0
Eh, I think we're beginning to miss the point here. The point of this is not to add another aesthetic story-filler with the Zed-files (though that would be cool as a separate suggestion), it's simply to make the map-loading tips easier for new players to use.

The real question is whether you want to take a small step toward making the game easier for first-timers. Do YOU think new players should already be told which Zed is which? Or should they have to learn by experience? Personally I found it annoying how the tips gave you advice but didn't tell you which enemy it applied to.

Upvote 0
Eh, I think we're beginning to miss the point here. The point of this is not to add another aesthetic story-filler with the Zed-files (though that would be cool as a separate suggestion), it's simply to make the map-loading tips easier for new players to use.
It's a little off-topic, but it stemmed from the "allow players to match appearance with name" part of the idea. If changing the way loading screens work is more complicated than we think, then maybe adding this new feature might be a valid alternative.

The real question is whether you want to take a small step toward making the game easier for first-timers. Do YOU think new players should already be told which Zed is which? Or should they have to learn by experience? Personally I found it annoying how the tips gave you advice but didn't tell you which enemy it applied to.
I definitely agree. When I was first playing I had no idea which hints applied to which enemies until I saw how the enemies in-game were behaving. It's rather ironic, really. Rather than the tips helping me to deal with the enemies, learning how to deal with the enemies in-game was how I was able to use the tips to learn their names. o_O

Upvote 0