• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Minecraft

Think the website got really swamped along with updating their servers so the update was delayed. Also free until they get if fixed so if there is someone else you want to get addicted now is the time to let them try.

From the blog...

The state of the server

What happened?
When the main game file gets downloaded, the server does a few verification checks and sends the file through special channels.
Minecraft has recently gotten a lot more popular. The last time I did an update, the website got really slow for a long time. This time, it more or less died.
Everything is still there, though. All skins, old saved levels, user accounts, images and such is there. The server just got way, WAAAY too slow.
What’s being done?
The website is in dire need of a rewrite, with proper modern backend design. I’ve temporarily disabled everything fancy, including game sales, until this gets worked out. The game will be free to play until this gets sorted. Then after that, it’ll only let people who have paid for the game play again.
I’ve ordered a new server. It’s much beefier than the last one, and has a much more capable internet connection. I’m not sure if this is enough, though, so..
I signed up for Amazon Cloud. Currently all game file downloads are going through the Cloud, and the download speed seems to be pretty good. It was amazingly easy to set up.
What will happen?
Early next week, we will focus on hiring someone to rewrite the backend for minecraft.net, perhaps get someone involved with redesigning the front-end, and we’ll look more into this fancy cloud solution.

Upvote 0
1907 smooth stone blocks, plus the five cloth for the symbol, plus the coal to fire the cobblestone and the hours to mine it all...

Why am I playing this game again?

minecrafttemplefacade.jpg

minecrafttemplealtar.jpg

minecraftmountaintemple.jpg

The ground level is right on the cloudline, so the worshippers can be blessed by divine presences every morning. ;)

Reactions: No Glory
Upvote 0
I'm still having fun but I can feel myself getting to the point where an actual survival mp is necessary for continued enjoyment. By that I mean the enemies and health. I'm not there yet but I'm sure there's only so much building and mining for no reason I can take.

And smokey, thats completely absurd. Must have taken months.

Upvote 0
I think he just found a way to import an existing 3d model based on the blueprints of the decks, which was made for google earth.

The framework was modeled by him in sketchup and imported. That did kind of make it a lot less impressive, we'll have to see if he can get all 40 decks modeled for the interior.

This is undeniably impressive though;

YouTube - 16-bit ALU in minecraft

Reactions: Capt.Marion
Upvote 0