• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Weapon & Specimen Stats (PDF)

@Yomommassis
The ProcessTouch() is overrided from parent class and the MaxPenetration variable is obsolete in FlameTendril.

Apparently there are no penetration at all, but the attack radius can makes this impression.
A direct hit should always stop the flame, if I understand correctly the code at present.
Or I am missing something again. >___<

Thanks to report this.

Ah, I thought so. A lot of people say that Firebug shines in hallways because the flame penetrates entire groups, but in my own experience the flamethrower has no penetration at all.

Upvote 0
As far as I know the Patriarch used to burn infinitely before the update, so you could just spray him once with the flamer and he would've eventually died from the burning damage.

After update he will still be set ablaze but he will burn only for a short while, instead of forever :p

If that makes any sense.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ah, I thought so. A lot of people say that Firebug shines in hallways because the flame penetrates entire groups, but in my own experience the flamethrower has no penetration at all.

Really? I myself tend to find I ignite entire pools of enemies effortlessly. Admittedly I always drag my aim about to ensure I cover maximum surface area as possible when I fire... but mass ignitions seemed dead easy to me regardless...

Upvote 0
Really? I myself tend to find I ignite entire pools of enemies effortlessly. Admittedly I always drag my aim about to ensure I cover maximum surface area as possible when I fire... but mass ignitions seemed dead easy to me regardless...

From what I read here, glancing blows allow the flame to go through (though of course they also do much less damage and are not guaranteed to ignite), but if you hit a zed dead-on with 1 or 2 flamethrower ammo, the zed will stop the flame tendril.

So dragging your aim across a group will give the illusion of penetration, but in reality only the flames that did not directly hit the lead row will reach the back if I understand correctly.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
From what I read here, glancing blows allow the flame to go through (though of course they also do much less damage and are not guaranteed to ignite), but if you hit a zed dead-on with 1 or 2 flamethrower ammo, the zed will stop the flame tendril.

So dragging your aim across a group will give the illusion of penetration, but in reality only the flames that did not directly hit the lead row will reach the back if I understand correctly.

Ah that makes sense. Seems right when I really think about it. Still, not really a big enough hinderance for me to be concerned about it ;)

Upvote 0
As far as I know the Patriarch used to burn infinitely before the update, so you could just spray him once with the flamer and he would've eventually died from the burning damage.

After update he will still be set ablaze but he will burn only for a short while, instead of forever :p

If that makes any sense.
I remember this, that was fixed long time ago.
He should now burn with the same duration as all other zeds.

To clarify the flamethrower's penetration, the flame is always stopped by hitting something (actor/wall).
The only thing that penetrates is the hit radius which is around 3 meters. The projectile himself is not penetrating.

About the armor system, I don't understand the xpawn/kfpawn ShieldAbsorb() function, if someone can explain I will add it.
I only know: if Armor points > 75% of the damage, 75% of the damage will be absorbed into armor and 25% taken into health.

Upvote 0
Aw, you forgot the ammo prices.

Edit: there you go, freshly taken from the trader:

Weapon (price of 1 mag) (price to fill an empty weapon)

MAC-10 15 100
Flamer 48 192

9mm 10 160
dual 9mm 10 80
Handcannon 15 180
Dual HCs 15 90
LAR 20 160
M14 15 120
Xbow 15 600

Bullpup 10 100
AK 12 125
SCAR 18 168

MP7m 20 200

Shotgun 20 155
Hunting shotgun 25 737
AA12 40 208

Pipebomb 400 800 (with lv6 demo perk 28 224)
M79 10 240
M32 20 120
LAW 30 450

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Reactions: Phada
Upvote 0
Back working on this document after long break, a big update (a lot of things changed lol) will be ready very soon.

Aw, you forgot the ammo prices.
That's was removed before the first release because of the lack of space, I will try to add it with smaller font maybe I can add 2 columns, thanks for suggestion.

I think something very important should be added regarding Hunting Shotgun:

Primary fire = 6 pellets for each shell (= 6x2 = 12 pellets total for 2 single shots)
Secondary fire = 10 pellets for EACH SHELL (= 10x2 = 20 pellets in the doubleshot)

At least according to this thread:
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?p=637113#post637113[url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?p=637113#post637113[/URL]
Both hunting shotgun fire mode have now a number of 10 projectiles, which is very odd ^^
I cannot find why the alt-fire shoots 2 time or something like that but Im pretty sure this is correct, thanks.

You forgot to include the Hand Cannon's penetration stats... or is that just the primary weapon's you were writing about?
Probably I dont know, this will be added anyway :eek:

Upvote 0
Phada, I made a thread about specimen mechanics about a month back. Feel free to use any of the information in the updated pdf.

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=49922

Also, Xienen changed the hunting shotgun pellets to be 10 for both single and double barrel blasts. This means firing single twice shoots 20 pellets as does 1 double shot whereas before, it would be 12 vs 20.

Upvote 0