• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Quick chat for good and bad moods.

Nicholas

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 16, 2010
You know how RO2 is going to have different moods based on morale?

Well depending on the teams morale there should be quickchat options, like if you're team is losing you could scream cowardly like "OH GOD SAVE US" or "MERCYYYYYY" but if you were winning you could do battle cries like "AGGGGH" or "DIE"

I geuss its not a big deal but it would be cool for added realism, maybe different levels of soldier will say different things, like a losing hero could be like "I'm taking all of you with me!" or a losing raw recruit could start crying like a child.

I know its not a drama game but still.... ALSO I would like it when theres enemies nearby and theres no shooting going on if you could whisper, or if it was in the middle of a firefight you would yell.

Last edited:
Reactions: Roland777
You know how RO2 is going to have different moods based on morale?

Well depending on the teams morale there should be quickchat options, like if you're team is losing you could scream cowardly like "OH GOD SAVE US" or "MERCYYYYYY" but if you were winning you could do battle cries like "AGGGGH" or "DIE"

I geuss its not a big deal but it would be cool for added realism, maybe different levels of soldier will say different things, like a losing hero could be like "I'm taking all of you with me!" or a losing raw recruit could start crying like a child.

I know its not a drama game but still.... ALSO I would like it when theres enemies nearby and theres no shooting going on if you could whisper, or if it was in the middle of a firefight you would yell.

I hope the whispering en yelling get's in this time. It was promised to us in Bia Hells Highway and it sounded great. Just to bad it wasn't in the final game, one of the many things you saw in there E3 vid and wasn't in the final retail version.

Upvote 0
I hope the whispering en yelling get's in this time. It was promised to us in Bia Hells Highway and it sounded great. Just to bad it wasn't in the final game, one of the many things you saw in there E3 vid and wasn't in the final retail version.

The problem with that game was that it tried replacing technical realism with an overly dramatic storyline.
I do not want to automatically shout something automatically so the enemy can find where I am.

Thats why automatically whispering would work, you would whisper when enemies were near but weren't shooting at you, when the guns start to go off then you'll yell.

BC2 had auto voices like when you shoot some guy you hear his squad mate yell 2 buildings down "AW, WE GOTTA MAN DOWN" and you can pin point his location. Kinda lame at times.

I doubt soldiers would yell wildly and such. I'd rather just have the ol'taunt/command system with the sequence of numbers like V-1-3-5

Yeah that was annoying, killed any kind of stealth, and yes games should require a certain amount of skill to perform actions, not have the game automatically do things for you and screw it up, if people want complete leisure they should sit on a couch and watch TV, video games are supposed to make you think.

Upvote 0