• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Siegecon

Zetsumei

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Siegecon is coming up soon so once again what do we expect to see.

TWI is showing up with about 20 man, so perhaps loads of people telling what they are individually doing for the game. Perhaps a level of ROHOS playable for the public or a live multiplayer match 10v10 among devs?

I expect to see game play footage of tanking, and perhaps another map. We'll probably see the heavy machine guns in action as well. And of course playable versions of the ball and dwarfs.

I think its a bit too early for another trailer of hos. But actually getting something like a release quarter might be a possibility or perhaps the big beta release date.

I hope to get a bit of info on the co-op / single player part as well. Basically whether its like multi player with bots. Or actually a bit directed/orchestrated. Like setting up bots from the get go in some defensive positions, with some scripted events and explosions. Like for instance fighting in pavlov's house with loads of enemies trying to attack you.

I think that using the same maps as a basis with basically a different set-up of objectives and enemy emplacements, the maps could feel like real single player maps rather than multi player maps with bots.

Last edited:
Well, From my source we can read that 3 guys from Tripwire will speak on Siege.

- Adam Hatch, the Lead Level Designer
- Alan Wilson
- Leland Scali, environmental and texture artist on Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45

If we dig deeper we can find this, official SIEGE program. There we find part of program sponsored by Tripwire:

Saturday, 12:30 - 1:30pm
Want to meet other artists, programmers, writers, designers, and audio engineers? Grab lunch poolside (provided by Tripwire Interactive) and join your peers for a networking lunch. Be prepared to discuss major issues in your field, hot topics in the industry, and
network, network, network.
• Artists: Stratford
• Audio: Surrey
• Designers/Writers: Berkshire I
• Programmers: Berkshire II

Funding Your Own Startup (Boot Camp)
We like to think creativity is what fuels game design, but
money always seems to burn faster. The traditional developer/
publisher model has become rarer and rarer, and
developers have to become as innovative in their funding
as in their designs. Learn from those who have done it successfully,
mixing self-funding, grants and prizes and more to
keep themselves operating.

Anna Sweet: Steam Business Development at Valve: How to Make It on Steam as an Indie (Business)
Steam has revolutionized PC game sales worldwide, and no one in the industry
can ignore the role it plays. Join Anna Sweet from Valve’s Steam business development
team for an inside look at how Steam operates, how indie developers can
get the most out of Steam, and how your game can become part of its success.

+ TWI poster with DP-28 and infamous Mkb 42 :p

posteryg.jpg

Hard to say what's about RO:HoS, however i bet on tanks and new weapons in action :IS2:

Upvote 0