• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Map KF-Firechess

Anemia

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 22, 2009
Hello

This is a very old map I made, probably half a year ago (or maybe in the summer or something, its not very relevant is it^^). It's like every normal KF map, you spawn kill the zeds and go shop. There is one little thing though, the map consists of two rooms, the trader room and the main room. The main rooms ceiling is around 7000 U-units high (which is pretty high). And on the floor there's 9x9 squares forming a prefect grid.

Picture is attached, (I'm sorry I didn't get any multiplayer-shots, might add that later, just wanted to get this out before I forgot it (again)^^)

And here comes the twist: Middlesquare is safe, all the other squares are not. Every time you step onto a new square a huskfireprojectile will spawn from the ceiling and hit one of the other squares. This is relatively harmless if you play solo but with 6 people running around it's a real mess. I can tell you, if you play hard or suicidal it's quite a mess even without the fire-drops due to the fact that there isn't any cover at all and the zeds drops from the sky (along the walls though thank god). So if you are an exceptional headshotter you should be able to stand in middlesquare and shoot from there (nay I'm just kidding :p).

Anyway doubt this map is very fun, it was kinda amusing the first times I played it, but well.. it does not last very long so to speak. But I thought that I might as well post it here on the forum, someone might think it's fun :3

Download: Firechess on FileFront

Thank you /Anemia

Edit: Oh by the way. The reason I added this to Final Releases instead of Betas is the fact that this map is small (no room for exploits), and I have no intention to continue working on it. If anyone want's to do anything with it, feel free. At last, it's also been on my server since I made it and I've never had any problems with it. So I thought that one less thread would just be good :)

Edit: I updated the map with an ammobox (I've personally never had any problems either in solo or on my dedicated server but to be sure I followed Fel's advice since there's nothing more annoying than freezes).

Attachments

• Capture7.jpg
    Capture7.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Reactions: crystaldragons
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
OH....MY.....GOD
this is so awesome!!!!
great idea!! very simple but efrfective enough to entertain :p
i have an idea for you. playing solo is rather easy because you can look up and see where to avoid. maybe...idk...make more appear per block/per player so if you stand on one in solo you have a greater chance of getting hit. maybe make it so that every 2 seconds(maybe 5) or so you are on a single block husk fire continues to poor down randomly not just one. and then to tie it all together......make them shoot from the walls as well so you have to do some serious dodging :IS2:
oh and WHITELIST!!!!

EDIT: another idea popped in my head while looking how to make my idea work. when its trader time. a trigger should activate and say "PURGING.....PURGING.....PURGING....." then a huskfire activates from every trigger on the ceiling and goes down to its square and a huskfire spawns and shoots across the grid horizontally and the other way as well. so that way it looks like a checker board of flames with them also raining down from the ceiling. i would deffinately make it myself f i could figure out how to make triggers. i dont have much experience in the SDK but ill try a copy past rename job and see if that works. but if anyone is willing to give my idea a try can i get some credit and maybe even help test/make? :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@Driftwood, Thank you too!

@Demon, Thank you, and 32 players xD that must have been on the bridge of madness unless everyone were firebugs :p

@Crystaldragon, in my first builds of the map I forgot to only make the squares trigger by humans, so both zeds and humans would trigger the fire, which caused quite some fire spam, well just a little more than having 6 players on the map at the same time. So if you like I could upload that one as a "singelplayerversion" as well. Also, Thanks :)

As for the other thing, anyone is free to do whatever they like with the map. The triggersystem is very simple. So as long as you know the basics in using unreal triggers it should be rather easy to do such changes.

Upvote 0
alright so i took a little of my time to do what i knew how. this is what i got. they aren't that bad or that much different but they make for one H*** of a game with more than 1 person. Especially the SUICIDE level ;););)
you'll see
do you care if i submit my remakes for whitelist? i'll list you as main author. i just cited myself for remakes on the loading screen.:D
anyways heres the roms
[url]http://www.mediafire.com/?yky8ym5l74233at[/URL]

Upvote 0
Screenshots of SUICIDE after you either step on a tile, or a zed spawns, or moves XD maybe now you'll see wwhy its named so...
Shot00345.jpg

thats looking up
Shot00346.jpg

the traders view....its best if you stay inside....

You: So...in perspective...what your saying is, chance of survival are...very little?
Me: Does this answer your question?
Shot00351.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: YoYoBatty
Upvote 0
Husk projectiles make YoYoBatty very angry.
then i suggest you play the [P] version then. ;) only players stepping on the tiles will activate 2 huskfireprojectiles every time trigger is activated.
[ZP] both zeds AND players will activate them.
[SUICIDE] anyone and anything will activate them. and they dont stop either.

Upvote 0