• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

There will be vehicles

Lol they could make it interesting by turning it into some kind of mini game. Like flashbased ahahah.

Actually that's pretty much the only way to make the loader anything more than "CLICK .... WAIT. CLICK .... WAIT." Maybe if you got the timing just right in the mini game you could get slightly faster loading speed?

To me the idea of a player controlled loader sounds boring and unncecessary. And besides, it's also a waste of manpower. With around 40-50 players in the server (a guess at an average) I wouldn't want 3-4 people wasted on clicking in a tank. I'd rather see them engaging in something more useful to my team, when an AI could easily do that job for them.

And to think, to this day, in American tanks, they've got loaders.

"Well the good news son, is you're joining armored cav. The bad news is, you're a loader."

Upvote 0
Lol they could make it interesting by turning it into some kind of mini game. Like flashbased ahahah.

Actually that's pretty much the only way to make the loader anything more than "CLICK .... WAIT. CLICK .... WAIT." Maybe if you got the timing just right in the mini game you could get slightly faster loading speed?

To me the idea of a player controlled loader sounds boring and unncecessary. And besides, it's also a waste of manpower. With around 40-50 players in the server (a guess at an average) I wouldn't want 3-4 people wasted on clicking in a tank. I'd rather see them engaging in something more useful to my team, when an AI could easily do that job for them.

But still, what if all the human crew ditched the tank? Would the AI be left to rot inside? If he could come out of the tank would he be able to fight with a pistol and follow his human teamates? In fact would their be any other bots at all? Maybe a guy or two left to gaurd the rear spawn or supply dump?

Upvote 0
But still, what if all the human crew ditched the tank? Would the AI be left to rot inside? If he could come out of the tank would he be able to fight with a pistol and follow his human teamates? In fact would their be any other bots at all? Maybe a guy or two left to gaurd the rear spawn or supply dump?

Ramm said they likely won't implement tank ditching for players. I doubt we'll see it for AI loaders.

Upvote 0
Yes. Tank commanders spawn in a tank, once a tank has an active commander, crew may join it.

That actually makes more sense than people treating tanks like displosable shells. People will value tanks alot more. Although I know of alot alot of cases in real life where crews actually did get out, and it was common for commanders to get out to scout the area better.

Also if they start to add Tigers and IS2's then the crews for those should be "elite" guys, like in real life.

Upvote 0
So tank commanders wont be able to leave a disabled tank and hunt down the guy with the panzerfaust who just took out the tank track, he has to sit there like a dumb bot, or faust bait until he and his tank are destroyed?
He can't leave a damaged tank and join the infantry in fighting the enemy or cappin a zone?
He can't join another tank crew who's tank is undamaged?
He can no longer leave his tank and call in arty?
If the answers to all these questions is yes, well how unrealistic is that?(compared to RO.) seems like a dumbing down of the tank commander role.
If tanks are up to simulation level, then baling out should be included,coz more tanks were abandoned because of damage or mechanical breakdown than were destroyed by enemy fire.
Part of the fun of playing tank commander is the ability to get out and carry on fighting with the rest of the squad, when your tank has been disabled.
Why bother having tank crew at all, just fill them with bots, and let them fight each other, driving their tanks round in circles like headless chickens.
IF all this is true then its a serious step backwards in my opinion.

:IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So tank commanders wont be able to leave a disabled tank and hunt down the guy with the panzerfaust who just took out the tank track, he has to sit there like a dumb bot until he and his tank are destroyed?
He can't leave a damaged tank and join the infantry in fighting the enemy or cappin a zone?
He can't join another tank crew who's tank is undamaged?
He can no longer leave his tank and call in arty?
If the answers to all these questions is yes, well how unrealistic is that?(compared to RO.) seems like a dumbing down of the tank commander role.
If tanks are up to simulation level, then baling out should be included,coz more tanks were abandoned because of damage or mechanical breakdown than were destroyed by enemy fire.

:IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2:

I agree with you, but exiting a tank should be a very slow action, making the player a lot vunerable to small arms fire. This would disencourage tankers to leave their tanks just to chase the AT guys who took his tracks.

Upvote 0
The slowed down action has already been implemented in DH and MN. where anybody leaving his tank is more vulnerable to small arms fire, so anybody who does it knows their taking a risk, but that makes it more fun and increases the excitement in that role.
If an AT guy has taken out your tracks do you think its realistic not to be able to bail out, you just have to sit there defenceless until he kills you and your tank?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Exactly, Day. Because of DH's burn feture, I usually jump out when my tank brews up no matter where I am. It's almost psychological and it is incredibly immersive, up until my attacker get me with a 1000 meter MG burst. Dismounted tankers won't live that long, and if they do manage to cap someone with their pistol and help secure an objective... what's the problem with the team not having its tank support for one lousy minute.

Just talking philosophy here, I understand bailing will not be implemented. Yet?

Reactions: Fedorov
Upvote 0
The problem is that

Work required to realistically implement bailing != Likelyhood of surviving if realisitcally implemented + frequency of occurrance if realistically implemented.

Combining a very complex FPS model with a very complicated vehicle model is not easy - I'd like to see bailing, but understand fully the decision not to include it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Major_Day
Upvote 0
The problem is that

Work required to realistically implement bailing != Likelyhood of surviving if realisitcally implemented + frequency of occurrance if realistically implemented.

Combining a very complex FPS model with a very complicated vehicle model is not easy - I'd like to see bailing, but understand fully the decision not to include it.

So tank commanders spawn inside their tank, and can't leave it until they are killed, is this Red orchestra we are talking about here?
I've always applauded Tripwire for listening to their community,but i'd like to know just what the rest of the tanking community think about being no better than just a bot in the game,unable to make the crucial decisions that might save your life, or help the rest of your team.
The've spent a lot of time and effort modelling the inside of the tanks, time which could have been better spent improving the tank model system,rather than improving the eye candy.
Seems like realism has taken a back seat in this instance.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So tank commanders spawn inside their tank, and can't leave it until they are killed, is this Red orchestra we are talking about here?
I've always applauded Tripwire for listening to their community,but i'd like to know just what the rest of the tanking community think about being no better than just a bot in the game,unable to make the crucial decisions that might save your life, or help the rest of your team.
The've spent a lot of time and effort modelling the inside of the tanks, time which could have been better spent improving the tank model system,rather than improving the eye candy.
Seems like realism has taken a back seat in this instance.

I agree, like yous said what if your tracks get hit? Geuss you just have to sit there for 30 minutes....

Upvote 0
You can scuttle the tank.

There are some huge and lengthy arguments for and against being able to bail. Check some of the other threads. I don't want to get going again :rolleyes:

I never bail in RO, I die with the tank so I can go back to the spawn with my tank - as do most people I play with. Bailing most often results in wasteful death and spawning without a tank to occupy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0