• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The battle you would most like to see represented in RS

I'm exited about Tarawa & Guadalcanal :rolleyes:

About Wake Island..that would be lame because they would 'steal' something from BATTLEFIELD if they made it.
I know it's not stealing because the war really happened there but..it would give me a battlefield feeling.
Maybe there will be someone who's going to make a wake island (custom) map? I'm cool with that, but the original game should include original maps, not just a copy from an already existing game. That's just a waste of money from the developers..and us..

Last edited:
Upvote 0
...About Wake Island..that would be lame because they would 'steal' something from BATTLEFIELD if they made it....

Why would it be a 'copy'? Any map that was set in virtually any other game would then be considered a copy. I have complete confidence that if we did a Wake design, it would far out class anything BF:1942 did. Not even close to the same game for one and we would not necessarily do the entire island group. Lots of potential there and we would do it as correctly as possible. "IF" being the vital point here.

Upvote 0
About Wake Island..that would be lame because they would 'steal' something from BATTLEFIELD if they made it.
I know it's not stealing because the war really happened there but..it would give me a battlefield feeling.

Come lets quit Rising Storm as most Pacific theatre levels been done in
BF19XX, COD WAW, and EA's Specific Assault. :D:D:D:D

I suggest a Balkan Mod. The battle of Vukovar is high on my list.....
RO-Bitka_za _Vukovar here we come.....

Upvote 0
There are a few battle I can think of that have never really been done well in a FPS. Id like to see Saipan, Iwo Jima, Guam and Tinian. The only halfway decent games to do Iwo Jima where Sudden Strike 3 and History Channel Battle for the Pacific. Deadly Dozen 2 and Call of Duty Final Fronts both had levels in Saipan that where decent as well. But there is really little based on it. Both Saipan and Guam had the largest Banzai charges to occur during WWII. Id love to play a SP level where you can defend against hordes of charging Japanese soldiers based on one of those battles.

Upvote 0
My wish list

1. Edson's Ridge (Guadalcanal)
2. Tulagi village
3. Tarawa
6. Shuri Line (Okinawa)
7. The epic night Banzai charge on Saipan beach-head (largest banzai attack of war)
8. Milne Bay (Aussies vs Japanese)
9. Buna (New Guinea)
10. Pelilau airfield (light armor on both sides)
11. Gemencheh Bridge (Imperial Guard vs Brits in Malaya)
12. Seige at Imphal
13. Coconut Grove (Bougainville)
14. Manilla (late wra urban combat)
15. Masacre Bay (Aleutian is. campaign)

Upvote 0