• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Change difficulty privilege in WebAdmin

Then create a "public" admin account ("public" <- it's a oxymoron) and give out the username and password to all your visitors. Unfortunately, to change difficulty, that admin account would need console access and that means anyone who uses the admin will have full control over your server.

Thinking about it, it wouldn't make sense to grant that kind of privilege to pubbie players. I can see a group of six changing it every which way a million times over during the course a wave.

My suggestion is to have an admin on hand that can just change it for a majority of players. Or take a vote and see which difficulty would suit players the most.

Besides, you don't want your pubbies banning everyone from the server now would you?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
or with the help of this fixed voting handler, you can create gametypes with only the difficulty changing.

I even recently posted my ini on this thread and i have two gametypes doing just that, Killing Floor Suicidal and Killing Floor Hard

Use that mod instead of my suggestion. :p

Seems to be a nice implementation that should be included in a future patch.

Upvote 0
@Acreo: I dont want 'pub admins', but we do have different priviledges. Difficulty setting, kick, ban, squelch, map change is all within the scope of what all admins should be able to do.

I would like to hold the right to add new admins myself, because somewhere down the line someone might decide to add a friend before it has come clear with the clan. I can't see it happen, but adding admins is to me a supreme priviledge. I do not want people to alter the rotation, because I have non-whitelisted maps on the server for fun or exploit testing before whitelist submissions. These should not be in rotation, but might get added by mistake.

If I could set the game admins up with above set of priviledges, I'd be happy, but I cannot find the right set of checkmarks that allow so in the Webadmin.

@StarpictuR: This could be a viable workaround, as admins immediatly win a vote. Will look into it.

It would be easier if my game admins just had access to the dropdown in WebAdmin, though.

Upvote 0