• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Will there be TF2 hats for preordering?

smokeythebear

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 21, 2005
Sheppards house
Most people like me will be buying RO2 even if it lacks hat based warfare, but for the people that need hats to survive it should have some crossover promotion with tf2. This way it will boost sales and we can all get some nifty hats to show off.

I made this simulated picture to show what could be possible;

cpOBE.jpg

Most people like me will be buying RO2 even if it lacks hat based warfare, but for the people that need hats to survive it should have some crossover promotion with tf2. This way it will boost sales and we can all get some nifty hats to show off.

I made this simulated picture to show what could be possible;

cpOBE.jpg

those are some badass hats :IS2:

Reactions: Pluberus and doomis
Upvote 0
I sense thick sarcasm here, in relation to the PC Gamer podcast. They kept making TF2 referrences for some reason...

Actually sales-wise it's not as silly idea as one would expect, considering I know tad too many persons who pre-ordered certain games just to get hats for TF2 even when they have never played it. How good it would be for the community on the other hand is another question.

Upvote 0
Actually sales-wise it's not as silly idea as one would expect, considering I know tad too many persons who pre-ordered certain games just to get hats for TF2 even when they have never played it. How good it would be for the community on the other hand is another question.

if they never play it, it won't affect the community at all, hell, have you ever looked at the stats for RO achievements? only 14% of the people who owns the game has the achievement of killing 10 enemies.

so, no, no effect on the community, but if TWI gets more money, means even better games in the future.

:IS2:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
if they never play it, it won't affect the community at all, hell, have you ever looked at the stats for RO achievements? only 14% of the people who owns the game has the achievement of killing 10 enemies.

so, no, no effect on the community, but if TWI gets more money, means even better games in the future.

:IS2:

Actually that might be more due to the fact than when RO came out Steam Achievements were not in ^^.

Upvote 0
Actually that might be more due to the fact than when RO came out Steam Achievements were not in ^^.

still... only 14% of the owners had played the game after the achievements were added, which is IMO, quite low.

but you want a more fair comparison: 1 third of the KF players never killed 100 specimens. (which is less than what it takes to complete a single game) and those achievements exist since the game was released.

So, no I don't think people who buy and don't play affect the community at all, someone who doesn't exist, can't affect the community, is simple logic.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
still... only 14% of the owners had played the game after the achievements were added, which is IMO, quite low.

If RO:Ost sold 400,000 copies (probably a bit more) and 14% still played the game after the achievements came out then those 14% are 56,000 people in absolute numbers. Still quite low?

Upvote 0
If RO:Ost sold 400,000 copies (probably a bit more) and 14% still played the game after the achievements came out then those 14% are 56,000 people in absolute numbers. Still quite low?

The definition of Low or High is relative, so if we talk about a %, yes its still low. And that was the most basic of the achievements, the % is quite lower for the rest of them. Because 344.000 got the game and didn't kill 10 people (after achievements were added)

What I mean, is that in the end, only people who likes the game actually plays it... everybody has a lot of stuff to do in their lives, and if they don't, there are still infinite sources of entertainment.

So only people fit to play this game will do so, and will do it because they want it, regardless if they got interested in the game because they saw a hat in a TF2 announcement or because they saw a trailer... (I got interested in RO because I was looking for UT2k4 maps) the ways of the Lord are mysterious... :IS2:

Reactions: Unterscharfuhrer
Upvote 0
So only people fit to play this game will do so, and will do it because they want it, regardless if they got interested in the game because they saw a hat in a TF2 announcement or because they saw a trailer... (I got interested in RO because I was looking for UT2k4 maps) the ways of the Lord are mysterious... :IS2:

That's the truth! Praise the lord!
But in an other way, I like the idea and I would like the hats :D

Upvote 0