• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

There will be vehicles

Hardly THE best. But you most certainly could have chosen much worse, I give you that.

Sadly that tank scene is just outrageously unrealistic, what a shame really...

Its my personal favourite as well, it shows the human perspective really well. Its perhaps not super authentic but the humans react human like. Something most war movies fail to do.

Upvote 0
Fair point, Zets. Stalingrad has almost everything to be a great movie. It is indeed a very good one, but sadly it tumbles in some points.

For the same reasons you pointed out in Stalingrad, I like Winter War (the 5 hour version), as it portrays humans in war, not just faceless soldiers and guts, like many other failed war movies.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Does the loader actually only load rounds in a tank? If so, that would be pretty awesome. But then again, like some said on the OFPDR forums, that would be a pretty boring job when all you do is press ___ (whatever key you have binded) key.

I believe the loader is the only tank crewman that is totally AI controlled.

Upvote 0
That doesn't fully answer the question of what happens if the loader is hit. Assuming the loader can be killed, like the rest of the crew.

simple..........this is your loader:

loaderchuck.png

Reactions: Olivier
Upvote 0
The loader just keeps up a steady rate of fire. Anyone in the tank could load it. The gunner could load it. It would just be slower. A loader would have a round ready to load after the loaded round was fired. If the loader died, the gunner would have to fire, get a new round, load it, then fire. Etc. It is not an amazing special skill to be able to load a gun.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The loader just keeps up a steady rate of fire. Anyone in the tank could load it. The gunner could load it. It would just be slower. A loader would have a round ready to load after the loaded round was fired. If the loader died, the gunner would have to fire, get a new round, load it, then fire. Etc. It is not an amazing special skill to be able to load a gun.

I'm aware other crew members are capable of loading a tank gun. Let's say if all players are human controlled. Does that mean the tank needs to re up on a NPC?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
TWI might have the loader configured as a "never-killed" position.

The tank would be "inert" if containing only the AI loader as the sole remaining occupant, as a result of the vehicle being damaged and crew kills (whether the tank had been only AI crewed initially, or had a partial human crew at some time).

Upvote 0

That would be ideal, but it would require another set of 1st person animation (and 3rd person for other player positions) be done where you move from gunner to loader position and watch yourself load the cannon, then back again to gunner.

It would just be easier for TWI to make them unkillable. I guess we'll see what happens.

Upvote 0
Forget the animations. What's the point in the animations... just have the gun reload slowly...

TWI is putting together a polished game, and they seem interested in fully modeling the interior, along with 1st and 3rd person animations.

I can't imagine TWI would simply have no animations on loading if the loader gets killed (we do see the loader loading when alive in the trailer).

I suppose they only need to do 3rd person animations, assuming the driver and MG can't turn around and see what the gunner is doing.

Upvote 0
Can a human play as the loader? I would really like that.
Lol they could make it interesting by turning it into some kind of mini game. Like flashbased ahahah.

Actually that's pretty much the only way to make the loader anything more than "CLICK .... WAIT. CLICK .... WAIT." Maybe if you got the timing just right in the mini game you could get slightly faster loading speed?

To me the idea of a player controlled loader sounds boring and unncecessary. And besides, it's also a waste of manpower. With around 40-50 players in the server (a guess at an average) I wouldn't want 3-4 people wasted on clicking in a tank. I'd rather see them engaging in something more useful to my team, when an AI could easily do that job for them.

Upvote 0