• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

ServerAdsKF - Updated for KF Servers

hello,

i;ve got a problem with downloading lines from the web. This is what i filled in:

Use webdownload: checked
Hostname: kalerie.nl
Port: 80
URL: /kfmaps/kfserveradslines.txt

But it continously say:
ScriptLog: [~] Starting ServerAdsKF version: 101
ScriptLog: [~] DeeZNutZ - [email protected]
ScriptLog: [~] BadStreak - http://www.badstreak.com
Log: Resolving kalerie.nl...
ScriptLog: [~] There are 0 lines in the list
Log: Resolved kalerie.nl (212.61.10.109)

and when i press update lines in the "Web Download" section it says
"It could take a little while before the lines are being updated", and the server says
Resolving kalerie.nl...
Resolved kalerie.nl (212.61.10.109)

This is all what happens. I allready have tried different path's to the kfserveradslines.txt but nothing helps.

Hopefully someone can help me with this!

Upvote 0
Please add this fix before releasing the new version:

In WebDownload.uc,

Change
Code:
buffer = buffer$Line;
to
Code:
buffer = buffer$Line$chr(10);
and add
Code:
InLineMode = LMODE_UNIX;
after
Code:
ReceiveMode = RMODE_Event;
This solves the web download issue that people have been experiencing. (The issue is caused by a change in the ReceivedLine event in the ut04 engine, it actually strips the new line characters instead of passing them in as the existing code expects). The code has been tested, and works on my linus servers (while the old code did not).

I would VERY MUCH appreciate if this fix would make it into your new version so it could be whitelisted. Thanks again.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
EDIT:
Keep in mind this fix will not work by simply changing the file on your server. DeeZNutZ actually has to compile the fix in his next version, then get it whitelisted. You'll have to wait until that's done before you can use it.
Oh oki thnx for replying, sometimes it's quite annoying that the post's first has to be seen by mods until they show up.

I'll wait for the next version then ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i did, but it was validated too late edited my post ;)

And this mutator is allready whitelisted right ?

Because my perks are enabled and i can normaly lvl them...
and it's standing in the "Current Killing Floor Mutator White List "

If so please edit your first post :) this makes confusion to people i quess hehe

Upvote 0
The current version IS whitelisted, but all new versions must be whitelisted seperately (For example, I have compiled my own working version of the mod with my patch - but it's not whitelisted.) If any part of the source code changes, the engine sees it as something completely different and it must be whitelisted again.

PS: Yes, this mod approval time makes having a conversation very complicated :p

Upvote 0
Need abit of help, ive gotten everything working except for:

iAdminMsgDuration=4

i put the value up and it doesn't effect it, it's still the same stays for like 1 second, and also another thing.

cAdminMsgColor=(B=0,G=255,R=255,A=127)

I change the value of that and it doesn't change colour, is there something i'm doing wrong?

Edit: Also when i login through webadmin and change the value of anything and save, then i cross off the page, then log back in it doesn't save.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Thank's so much Beerhead, it works wonder's, but do you know the problem to the webadmin, i login and change settings, click save then i'd open up the page of it again but it 's gone back to default and also the adminmsgduration.

nope sorry,
like i said i stop the server , i open the killingfloor.ini i edit/add more lines there ,than just save it and restart server
never really used that webadmin for these ads ,never needed it
basically anything you need to change at your server ,just stop server ,open your killingfloor.ini (via ftp) and change it there, than just save it and restart server (always works)

and also not really using admin msgs,since those are the ones showing in the middle of the screen (too annoying)
but to make them show longer you can also edit that in killingfloor.ini

iAdminMsgDuration=4
just change the value to whatever
iAdminMsgDuration=10

and for admin msg to show up you need to put the # infront of the text

so for example (with the color code):
sLines[1]=#`

Upvote 0
installing this now, fingers crossed. Will edit once i've testing it. thanks in advance!

edit; Worked first time, stats leveling still all there. i love you long time ;) thanks loads for this!
Oh yea, i'd recommend using FTP to add your serverAD lines in rather then webadmin, that way you know it's a perm change rather then until next map or a server restart.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
and if you are talking about the regular messages that shows in chat,
there is no way to make them show longer,
still waiting if DeeZNutZ will release the version 102 that he said in that version it will be available to make the regular messages to show longer

Would be great if this got completed >_< I notice it's been several months. Been any word about it?

Otherwise this is a great mut, thank you!

Upvote 0
whitelisted? sry guys i just got into this engine and will update my profile and provide documents.

is this affected by perks? is white listed?

in a thread it states : WHITELISTED - SERVER ADMIN ENHANCEMENTS
(Officially recognised and do not affect the earning of perks and achievements)
[url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=37067[/URL]

and on this thread states: It's not yet white listed, so installing it will break perk levelling on your server.
[url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=39868[/URL]

so i want to make sure, and for the developer to update it to whitelisted so we can now.

thanx mate

j0k4w1ld
Army Of Death

Upvote 0
whitelisted? sry guys i just got into this engine and will update my profile and provide documents.

it is listed, just refer to the main whitelist thread in the sticky

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=34416[url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=34416[/URL]

that would be the official latest changes, these other tutorial/dev threads may or may not be up to date. not sure why this thread hasn't been updated yet either, maybe there was a new one started somewhere or just nobody got around to it.

Upvote 0