• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pluberus

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 3, 2009
I know Yoshiro's been on recently (today) and was wondering if I could get some sort of response on resetting perks?

Is it just not possible anymore? I would prefer a simple yes or no, to silence, if possible.

Thanks for your time!

Last edited:
in the killingfloor>system folder delete the stats.bin file
I've deleted the entire KF folder and tried redownloading but that didn't work. :(

EDIT:
I can't find that specific file. It doesn't appear in any searches, even when I set my PC to view hidden files.

I'm looking in here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\killingfloor\System but I also tried a full system search.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I've deleted the entire KF folder and tried redownloading but that didn't work. :(

EDIT:
I can't find that specific file. It doesn't appear in any searches, even when I set my PC to view hidden files.

I'm looking in here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\killingfloor\System but I also tried a full system search.
I appologize I have multiple versions of Killing Floor on my computer, one of which has a stats.bin file in the system folder and I happened to be trouble shooting your problem on that (Standalone) version, deleting the file reset the perks to level 0.

Untitled-1-4.jpg

But the stats.bin file only appears in the standalone version, not the steam version.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Steam, View -> Settings, "Downloads + Cloud" tab, uncheck the option at the bottom. Afterwards, try resetting your perks in the .ini once again.

(This may delete saves for other games on your account and/or not solve your problem at all, so consider that before trying it.)
This still doesn't work. :(

I'm thinking their fix for the console exploit is related to this somehow.

Everytime I run the game with this in the killingfloor.ini file
[Engine.SteamStatsAndAchievementsBase]
bResetStats=True

it gets changed to this:

bResetStats=False
bDebugStats=False

but if I change that to this:

bResetStats=False
bDebugStats=True

it stays like that... I have tried setting the file to read-only after adding the reset code. KF doesn't change it anymore, but it doesn't reset my perks. :(

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.