• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Character Customisation (YES/NO) - The Definitive Thread

Character Customisation (YES/NO) - The Definitive Thread

• Total voters
I'm definitely in favor of a player customization system, as long as it fits within realistic boundaries.

For instance I'd love to be able to choose the face/body type of my soldier and maybe some details on his uniform, headgear (helmet, fieldcap, decals) (again, within historical bounds).

I'm aware that your character will change in look over time (which is awesome) but it would still be incredible to be able to change the general look of your soldier so we don't have a bunch of clones running around!

My exact words, mate!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
How about dynamic player customization, similar to the music system? If your team is doing great, it will spawn in shiny clothes and gear, however if you take a lot of losses, your team starts to spawn with bandages.
The further a battle progresses, the more dirty the clothing becomes and the more common bandaging is on both sides, since it is an equal struggle of both sides. This would also have a tactical benefit of helping the loosing team a little, since dirty clothes mean harder recognition and clean shiny clothes mean easy spotting that glowing helmets.
I do not recommend facial customization, since people tend to do silly stuff with them, if they are possible. Something like ArmA, where you can choose your face would be enough, I think. Of course things like helmet customization for the sniper and assault classes or different camouflage on clothes for veterans might be desired and reasonable. What about something as "simple" as wearing medals into battle?

Reactions: Ragnarök and Miro!
Upvote 0
Originally Posted by hockeywarrior
I'm definitely in favor of a player customization system, as long as it fits within realistic boundaries.

For instance I'd love to be able to choose the face/body type of my soldier and maybe some details on his uniform, headgear (helmet, fieldcap, decals) (again, within historical bounds).

I'm aware that your character will change in look over time (which is awesome) but it would still be incredible to be able to change the general look of your soldier so we don't have a bunch of clones running around!

My exact words, mate!

Same here!

Sturm

Upvote 0
Total YES to customize your helmet (netfoliage, color, ect.)

This is a must have. The rest like faces ect. is just cosmetic and not that important...
I totally agree, in any case im guessing faces are more or less outlined by the shape of the model itself and thus a different texture wouldnt really work, thus uniform details and helmet accessories should and could be customisable I hope/

Sturm

Upvote 0
Well, you should be able to set up a summer (standard) and a winter character. So you can select different characters for different maps. Or maybe have it that way:

You design you characters and still the map sets up the character models. So the map has greatcoat models and you will spawn with greatcoat of course with your personal adjustments.

Upvote 0
Well, you should be able to set up a summer (standard) and a winter character. So you can select different characters for different maps. Or maybe have it that way:

You design you characters and still the map sets up the character models. So the map has greatcoat models and you will spawn with greatcoat of course with your personal adjustments.
Don't forget that Germans, during the hot summer months in Russia, were given HBT or cotton uniforms.

Attachments

• rghbt40.jpg
    rghbt40.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0