• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Fallschirmj

Much of the manpower for the Soviet 13th Guards Division which was pivotal in the defense of Stalingrad were formed from ex-paratroopers (already trained to fight "surrounded").

As I understand it, they may have had some distinctive uniform appearances reflecting their former airborne affiliation.

Russian paratroopers? Never seen them in use except maybe a promotional video where they slide off of a Tupolev Tb-3
YouTube - Stalin's Paratroopers - www.pastfinder.de fast forward to 0:53
Man what a way to paradrop... all it would take is one fighter to fly in and kill all of them easily.
@RedGuardist Yeah it is unfortunate, I would love to see a Winter war-Continuation war mod. Whats worse is here in the US our schools teach nothing of what Finland did. I even asked one of my college history professors when he went into talking about the "Phoney war" and he really didn't have anything to say about it. Sad. I even asked why France and Britain didn't declare war on Russia for invading Poland as well on September 17, 1939, and again he was practically silent.

Upvote 0
Russian paratroopers? .

Believe or not, Soviets were the first pioneers with the idea of paratroopers in the warfare. They just somehow dropped from the train in some point and never really used them in the same scale as Germans or Americans. Allthough there were few very unlucky paratrooper operations conducted by Soviets in WWII. IIRC they were plain disasters.

Upvote 0
Well to be honest this is an English speaking forum and our good old German grammar doesn't count here. Same with Italian Grammar in a German forum or Russian Grammar in a Japanese one.

Totally O.K. to create your own plural version of a foreign word (i.e. Pizze/Pizzas/Pizzen etc)

Just sayin...

Well pizza is more or less a loan-word in every language there is now, Fallschirmj

Upvote 0
Just for the sake of a more interesting weapons selection,
adding the FG42 would be amazing.

That would be just too much out of the realism map. It would be ridiculous, since no FG42 ever saw action in Stalingrad. And that is a fact. And they were very, very scarce on Eastern Front even later on the war.

FG42 was very rare weapon in any front, but it just has just become some sort of

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Are you trying to say the FG42 is or even more rare than the Mkb42? lol

You do realize that the U.S. Army was so impressed by the FG42, even with its flaws, that it had the M60 created?

Something like 9,000 FG42s were made, and a little over 11,000 Mkb42s were made. So yeah, the FG was more rare. And there's documentation that the Mkb was in Stalingrad, while (at least in my understanding) there is no such evidence of the FG.

Upvote 0
And there's documentation that the Mkb was in Stalingrad

We have yet to see that evidence. :)

Anyway, regarding the FG42:
The first prototypes couple of pre-production prototypes were finished by April 1943. There is no way that even one single rifle could have made it into any of the operations in and around Stalingrad; Hell!; even the whole eastern front until late 1943!

Upvote 0
I know the FG42 was a very rare weapon, OK, even more so than the MKB42.
I was just saying that it would make for an interesting and more diverse weapon selection.

The difference between 9,000 and 11,000, relatively speaking, is not a whole lot. They are both small figures yet the MKB42 is in the game, for the purposes of adding some choice. It may not be the most historically accurate feature, considering that they weren't relegated to the eastern front, but imho that's OK...I'm a historian and I am willing to say that. It's an abstraction within a realistic frame.

Upvote 0