• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Ignore the 2 failure threads below on multiple tier 3 weapons, use this:

Ignore the 2 failure threads below on multiple tier 3 weapons, use this:

• Total voters

zfroggyman

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 4, 2010
What would you guys think of multiple tier 3 weapons? Many mainstream games such as bad company 2 and Call of Duty have multiple guns unlocked at different levels but not necessarily one more powerful than the other: For example, one assault rifle may shoot faster but do less damage or one might shoot slower with more damage, and different recoils/reload speed/sights, ect, giving more variety to KF. (assuming the weapons itselves are balanced with damage to speed ratio (and recoil and reload speed)

Ignore the two threads below as I failed at typing in the poll questions before the 1 minute timer ran out

Reactions: Olivier
more weapons means more time choosing

Unless the menu had collapsible tabs or something.

For example, you want to buy the Bren Gun :)p). You click the "commando" tab, and and this will drop down a list of commando-only weapons. It will display the Bullpup, AK-47, SCAR and Bren Gun. You then buy the Bren Gun.

Now you have your Bren Gun, you want a Handcannon to go with it. You click the "gunslinger" :)p) tab and this closes the commando tab and displays the pistol weapons. You buy your handcannon and exit the trader menu.

This system wouldn't require any scrolling whatsoever; just a bit of clicking.

Upvote 0
Unless the menu had collapsible tabs or something.

For example, you want to buy the Bren Gun :)p). You click the "commando" tab, and and this will drop down a list of commando-only weapons. It will display the Bullpup, AK-47, SCAR and Bren Gun. You then buy the Bren Gun.

Now you have your Bren Gun, you want a Handcannon to go with it. You click the "gunslinger" :)p) tab and this closes the commando tab and displays the pistol weapons. You buy your handcannon and exit the trader menu.

This system wouldn't require any scrolling whatsoever; just a bit of clicking.
Tabs sound like a great idea. Scrolling is a pain.

Upvote 0
I agree with Gibby, we don't need more powerful weapons in my opinion. Having some lower variety makes more of a challenge, but if they are too weak, people would just overlook them and go back to their regular tier 3 weapons.
This.

Generally the players who really do want variety in their weapons aren't the ones who go for the top-level power weapons that are the easiest to win with.

Upvote 0
I'm only supporting for multiple weapons for variety, purely for cosmetic reasons. Its because i'd like stuff to use that suits my preference, such as changing the xbow to an actual rifle.

The thing about new weapons would obviously be balance issues, so imo we don't need new weapons, we need new SKINS.

Just like the Other two DLC packs, why not weapon DLC packs? i wouldn't mind buying another DLC.

The skins i currently have don't work online so...it has an empty feeling of satisfaction just knowing the peeps at the other end of the world can't see i'm a pink star wars republican agent wilks.

and yea, more weaps also mean more time at trader unless its just as C_Gibby had suggested,
What about hotkeys? i mean, CS:S type of trader menu isn't bad. Pressing a combination of ( E to open trader menu> 2 for handguns > 3 for handcannon)

Upvote 0
I'm only supporting for multiple weapons for variety, purely for cosmetic reasons. Its because i'd like stuff to use that suits my preference, such as changing the xbow to an actual rifle.

The thing about new weapons would obviously be balance issues, so imo we don't need new weapons, we need new SKINS.

Just like the Other two DLC packs, why not weapon DLC packs? i wouldn't mind buying another DLC.

The skins i currently have don't work online so...it has an empty feeling of satisfaction just knowing the peeps at the other end of the world can't see i'm a pink star wars republican agent wilks.

and yea, more weaps also mean more time at trader unless its just as C_Gibby had suggested,
What about hotkeys? i mean, CS:S type of trader menu isn't bad. Pressing a combination of ( E to open trader menu> 2 for handguns > 3 for handcannon)

I don't really think the game would be unbalanced with adding more lower tier weapons, since the balance can be easiliy fixed with amount of ammo in magazine, rate of fire, and damage per ammunition. At the elast they can always copy the damage/ammo/recoil/rateoffire ratios of other games like cod and bc2. And i Agree with cosmetics, as much as commandos are fun, I hate the scar.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

I don't like the idea of weapons DLC.

It has numerous flaws and would place those with a little more money at a better position. Not to mention the obvious loophole of simply having 1 person on a team with DLC who buys everyone else their guns.

It would also encourage such behaviors as taking peoples expensive guns after they die. And it would divide the community.

If there will be new weapons, make em free.

But Im all for any tier weapons TWI wants to make. In my opinion, as long as its balanced and fair, I like it:D

Upvote 0
I love weapon variety in my games. Part of the reason I like KF so much was that there were so many more weapons to choose from when I came back to it (I had stopped playing before the AK had even been introduced).

Honestly I think it'd be better to have more tier 1 and 2 weapons, but I can see why you'd want tier 3 weapons most.

Agreed.

tier 3 weapons are cool, but tier 2 is really more needed.

Upvote 0
So what did we learn from the m14 disaster?
That's right, nothing! Let's throw in more guns so there's even more room for imbalance cause guns are cool!
Screw unique functionality, we want a big list! Counterstrike with zombies it is!
Yay!

I also like how you bring assault rifles as an example.
Oh the irony.

image.php

Last edited:
Upvote 0