• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Map packs?

There won't be any kind of paid additional content, but I bet there will be a lot of free content like ROOST with the summer update and stuff.
Tripwire already said they are fully committed to content updates long after launch, just like with RO1 and Killing Floor. This is why I love TW! Of course they are trying to make a buck, but making great games is the first priority.

I really hope this doesn't change with their success... unfortunately it happens all the time.

Upvote 0
Tripwire company really cares of customers and after you paid once for their product all updates (new maps, weapons, vehicles etc), patches, fixes, features are for free. Both TWI games - RO:O and Killing Floor - got great stuff after release.
They already announced two new tanks and infantry transporters which will be released close after final release. It's obvious we will get new maps too.

Only paid, unharm and cheap addon, DLC were cool skins for Killing Floor game.

And what's also worth to noticed, RO:O and Killing Floor games cost same like DLC for Other games...

ps. Also there will be a lot of free mods, maps and skin packs from modders and fans.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
We have a community of mappers itching to get their hands on the RO:HOS editor specific features. No worries in the mapping department. ;)

Yep and TWI will do as they have always done.
They will support the modding and mapping community to the hilt.

They are probably planning even now for a mapping competition that will eventually lead to a community map pack being released via steam..

These guys are way cool..:D

Upvote 0
Are you serious? This is the kind of BS I would expect from "Consolewire Interactive." First the recon plane, not being able to exit tanks (probably not enough buttons on the xbox controller) and now overpriced map packs?

No thank you, I will be taking my money elsewhere and I encourage others to do the same thing.

Ok, I usually know sarcasm when I see it, but is that sarcasm???

Upvote 0
TWI are still a business, So if they where to put RO:Hos on console (and that's a big if, as I haven't seen any reports to confirm this), then as long as they give the PC market what they want (in designing the game for boths strengths and weaknesses of both platforms), then good on them.
Paid DLC's are a good way for a company to make a little extra cash, KF was a good example of this as additional skins are not a game breaker( get them if You want...but it doesn't restrict the game), Paid DLCs of Maps are game breakers (For the simple reason that, If a person Doesn't want to pay for the extra Maps then His/Her game for MP purposes becomes very restricted).
TWI are probably one of the last Software Companies to support the PC platform and I wish them continued success...because if They win, We win.
I think extra profits from this game will come in the form of full expansions, (which has been mentioned).

But that's just My opinion;):D

Reactions: Miro!
Upvote 0