• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

White Screen Error

Indeed

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 15, 2009
Renton, WA
Every time i play killing floor (which is a kick *** game) i get to the menu fine, but then i get a white screen when i go into a match (single player or online) any one know what is causing this? :confused:

-and yes my comp does meet the requirements for killing floor... so wtf is the problem???

ok so here is the deal, when i play 3rd person view works for spectating, but when i go to first person view it flickers brownish white then goes white, when i die i see a blue bubble picture thing on my screen for about 5 seconds WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i want to play this ******* game its so cool why cant it just work! i even put everything on low perfomance and turned off everything updated my drivers and directX and still nothing, god this is frustrating....

Upvote 0
hello im having a problem with Killing Floor...
Im enter the game>load...>Main menu...>Solo...>load...>
AlbumSinTitulo

and the game is white (?????):confused:
i have tried disable best textures but... nothing results
PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HELPPPPPPP!!!
i just wanna play

P.D.:I have the requirements;)

Upvote 0
I Have a white screen in Killing Floor

I Have a white screen in Killing Floor

hello im having a problem with Killing Floor...
Im enter the game>load...>Main menu...>Solo...>load...>
AlbumSinTitulo

and the game is white (?????):confused:
i have tried disable best textures but... nothing results
PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HELPPPPPPP!!!
i just wanna play

P.D.:I have the requirements;)

Upvote 0
HP
AMD Athlon(tm) XP 3000+
2.10 GHz, 960 MB of RAM
not sure if this is what I'm supposed to look for

On another note, in the past I was able to run Half-Life 2 and it worked ok, lagged alot but at the time I didn't know how to change the display settings :p Now back to Killing Floor, I know it works its just there is a problem with the 1st person thing, 3rd person doesn't work on solo but if im spectating it does. Its weird. I can connect to servers on the internet and even on LAN (I have another cp).

Upvote 0
Hewlett-Packet
Pavilion
AMD Athlon(tm) XP 3000+ (no idea if this is the graphics card or not, probably isn't :p)
2.10 GHz, 960 MB of RAM
Found in System Properties-General

I was able to run Half-Life 2 in the past even though it lagged a bit (didn't know how to change display settings at the time :p) so I thought I could at least get KF to work on the lowest possible settings. All settings are on the lowest and its set on Direct 3D (not 9.0 and yes I tried it on 9.0 as well). I can play on internet servers, LAN (I have another cp), and solo. It just doesn't let me see whats happening when I control my player. #rd person on spectator mode works (not 3d per. on solo though I wouldn't know since I can't see **** :p) I haven't played a real computer game since HL2, not only was that quite a few years ago but since then I have done System recovery so all the settings and other crap are at default on this computer. I think I got computer somewhere in 2003-2005. All the updates for the computer are in like the service packs and stuff.

Upvote 0
This is seriously annoying, I'm getting the exact same problem. If I'm either dead or spectating, the game works just fine, but whenever *I* start playing, I get this white screen of doom!

I have the graphics all set at "low", but it doesn't matter that I do.
It works just fine when I'm NOT playing, but when I AM, BAM!

WHITE-SCREEN'D!!

:mad:

Upvote 0
This sounds like your video card does not have enough video ram to render properly when memory requirements get too high for it. If it's on board video you can try to add a larger section of memory allocated for the video card but I would say just get a new video card if you can afford one. If you do not know how to identify what video card you have you can try using Gpu-Z http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/ and post that info here.

Upvote 0