• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Reinforcements/tanks of last battle affect Campaign Mode

Mormegil

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 21, 2005
Nargothrond
This might already be planned or implemented, but I don't know.

I hope that surviving reinforcements (infantry and tanks), and if implemented, damaged tanks brought back to HQ, help in the resources for the Multiplayer Campaign mode.

Just makes sense, and makes the teams have to play more strategically. Don't go wasting tanks and infantry so much.

Edit: I just want to give props to Bobdog's post on damaged tank repair. This would work best with his suggestion.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nimsky and Nicholas
RO2's MP campaign mode will have a thing called "combat power" and that opens up a lot of gameplay possibilities. A reinforcement pool for the vehicles would definitely be great, especially if it lasts throughout the entire campaign.

Read this post I wrote some time ago about this subject.

IMO RO2 would really benefit from this and would give players an incentive to fight for resources. So for example, one of the objectives that the Germans have to capture is a Soviet-held fuel dump (could also be a bonus objective). If they capture that objective, they gain extra fuel for the vehicles in the next round and the Soviets lose some (not that you'd ever run out of fuel, but you get the idea).

So after each round you'd see a screen with a list of resources and why these were gained or lost: fuel, number of vehicles, amount of reinforcements, number of artillery and mortar strikes, etc... the list can go on and on and they'll all have an impact on the gameplay. And all resources carry over to the next round.

For example, during round 1 the platoon commander decides to save half of his 6 available artillery strikes. He then gets 3 extra strikes for the next mission and can use 9 barrages instead of 6. This would add a lot of tactical depth and would reward teams that use their resources / combat power wisely and actually fight for real objectives rather than just abstract ones.

Last edited:
Upvote 0