• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Nut & Job spring to mind

I hope the baby-having in the developed countries never become like china, where they're limited to 1 a family.

Population control isen't pleasant, definately not, it leaves a nasty facist smell in the air, but at the rate we're going, it may become a necessary evil to save our species.

I guess it's the price we pay for having outdone all our natural predators..

Upvote 0
Population control isen't pleasant, definately not, it leaves a nasty facist smell in the air, but at the rate we're going, it may become a necessary evil to save our species.

I guess it's the price we pay for having outdone all our natural predators..
I disagree, our agricultural ability is nearing it's peak, especially once oil starts to tail off in the next 50 years we won't be able to produce as much food as we do now and the problem will take care of itself.

Upvote 0
I disagree, our agricultural ability is nearing it's peak, especially once oil starts to tail off in the next 50 years we won't be able to produce as much food as we do now and the problem will take care of itself.

Sure, we could let mass starvation, epidemics and resource wars thin out our numbers, it would get the job done, but personally, i would prefer intervention before it comes down to that, especially when all that's needed is to tell people "stop beeing selfish, 2 kids is plenty, and we'll give you a nice taxbreak if you only have one".

Upvote 0
Sure, we could let mass starvation, epidemics and resource wars thin out our numbers, it would get the job done, but personally, i would prefer intervention before it comes down to that, especially when all that's needed is to tell people "stop beeing selfish, 2 kids is plenty, and we'll give you a nice taxbreak if you only have one".
It's not a good thing for sure but I think this is the way it is going to happen given the prevading social attitudes towards population control.

Upvote 0
My solution is to have more kids than you can count on both hands and raise them to be cannibals when the food runs out. Besides, they already have many forms of subtle population control in this country. Tobacco, fast food, fast cars, air pollution. But the biggest one is money; people can't raise a family if they can't pay. That's probably what they'd use if they ever took a more direct approach; tax breaks for only children and the like. It disgusts me on a fundamental level and no amount of reason can change that in my case.

Quit trying to thin the herd and colonize Mars already. If mankind goes out with a whimper I'm going to blame the lack of a real space program more than uncontrollable population growth.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
But the biggest one is money; people can't raise a family if they can't pay.

You've obviously never heard of welfare, have you? They're raising their family on your tax dollars, and getting more and more money for each new whelp they **** out, and you pay for every single one. And those whelps? That's all they've ever known, so do you think the next generation will be improving at all?

Upvote 0
My solution is to have more kids than you can count on both hands and raise them to be cannibals when the food runs out. Besides, they already have many forms of subtle population control in this country. Tobacco, fast food, fast cars, air pollution. But the biggest one is money; people can't raise a family if they can't pay. That's probably what they'd use if they ever took a more direct approach; tax breaks for only children and the like. It disgusts me on a fundamental level and no amount of reason can change that in my case.

Quit trying to thin the herd and colonize Mars already. If mankind goes out with a whimper I'm going to blame the lack of a real space program more than uncontrollable population growth.
Haha it's funny you mention tax breaks for single child only, in my country every election the only group who gets tax breaks and incentives are families and pensioners. Students, youth and single people are treated as atm's to fund this higher order citizen who has done the right thing in ****ting out a few kids.

"What they're trying to start out in the world? **** em they can pay more tax!"

Upvote 0