• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Shotguns?

C_Gibby

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 18, 2010
The trailer for RO:Ost IIRC states that RO contains realistic close-quarter combat, and this is emphasised by the use of submachineguns and bayonets in the game. There is just one weapon that has been used for a long, long time in the Wild West, in the police forces in the early 1900s and in the trenches of WW2 and I haven't seen any of them in RO's battles.

Shotguns.

Will shotguns feature in RO:HoS? Like, old-fashioned pump-action trench guns? Or maybe double-barrelled shotguns? :confused:

Reactions: Apos and shadowwill
The trailer for RO:Ost IIRC states that RO contains realistic close-quarter combat, and this is emphasised by the use of submachineguns and bayonets in the game. There is just one weapon that has been used for a long, long time in the Wild West, in the police forces in the early 1900s and in the trenches of WW2 and I haven't seen any of them in RO's battles.

Shotguns.

Will shotguns feature in RO:HoS? Like, old-fashioned pump-action trench guns? Or maybe double-barrelled shotguns? :confused:

Why on earth there should be shotguns, since neither Germans or Soviets used them :confused:

Upvote 0
Maybe in COD WAW Soviets had shotguns, but not in real life. Shotguns never were a popular military arm for some reason.

They're quite beloved in the US Navy. We were issued Mossberg 500's for boarding party work, pier security and shipboard roving patrols.

One of my most treasured memories is dropping my first ship's supply officer with a buttstroke from a Mossberg and putting the barrel to his head (unloaded, sadly) while yelling 'freeze, motherf***er.' He was where he wasn't supposed to be during a security alert (a drill, of course, but still ... you train like you fight, so that you fight like you train!), and the jerk had turned down one too many of my parts requisitions ...

Reactions: Moyako
Upvote 0
They're quite beloved in the US Navy. We were issued Mossberg 500's for boarding party work, pier security and shipboard roving patrols.

One of my most treasured memories is dropping my first ship's supply officer with a buttstroke from a Mossberg and putting the barrel to his head (unloaded, sadly) while yelling 'freeze, motherf***er.' He was where he wasn't supposed to be during a security alert (a drill, of course, but still ... you train like you fight, so that you fight like you train!), and the jerk had turned down one too many of my parts requisitions ...

Nice story :) Felt like I was reading a book!

Upvote 0