• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Do you want ROHOS to have DH's suppression system?

Do you want ROHOS to have DH's suppression system?

• Yes, I want ROHOS to have the exact, or very similar system to DH's

Votes: 27 22.9%
  • Yes I want a system similar to DH's but toned down (less blurriness, less involuntary gun movement)

Votes: 44 37.3%
  • I want ROHOS to have the same suppression system as RO's (very mild blurriness)

Votes: 31 26.3%
  • I don't want any kind of suppression effects.

Votes: 16 13.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Early versions.
I've seen vids of the latest version, I can't imagine that it would work in any way. No blurr, just a bit darkening around the corners of your monitor.

Nothing to stop you aiming at that pesky mg except a few noises.

Odd, I thought there was blur and distortion. Haven't played in a bit, but I have played the latest version, I think. I'll have to take a look at it.

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
There is an increase in weapon sway. At 0:52, the player "zooms in", which normally steadies the rifle. However, as you can see, he still has difficult keeping the sights on the target due to sway. This is just as effective, but far less intrusive than DH's involuntary jerking system. It impairs the player, but does not completely remove his ability to play.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There is an increase in weapon sway. At 0:52, the player "zooms in", which normally steadies the rifle. However, as you can see, he still has difficult keeping the sights on the target due to sway. This is just as effective, but far less intrusive than DH's involuntary jerking system. It impairs the player, but does not completely remove his ability to play.

It still allows him to one shot an mg shooting at him.
He is standing in the middle of a road and has nearly no sway. At last not enough sway to prevent him from firing accurate.

Upvote 0
Have you played Resistance and Liberation before?

The sway is very difficult to control. It is not predictable like RO/DH's rhythmic, up-and-down sway, and the sights do not stay aligned. Plus, the MG in that video was purposely missing. At that range, the rifleman would not have had the time return accurate fire. What's great about that system is, given the chance, the rifleman could still one shot that MG given the right circumstances; the MG is a bad shot, or the rifleman is an excellent one. The important point here is that it does not completely remove control.

I reckon "suppression" will also be more difficult to accomplish in HoS due to the ability to blind fire.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I just explained how it induces difficult-to-control weapon sway.

Maybe so, but when I opened up this topic and finally wrote my little say, I didn't see YOUR explanation until after I posted.

So, I won't argue with you, other than to say that to me, it didn't seem like much if any suppression at all. Sorry, just my opinion.

Upvote 0
Maybe so, but when I opened up this topic and finally wrote my little say, I didn't see YOUR explanation until after I posted.

So, I won't argue with you, other than to say that to me, it didn't seem like much if any suppression at all. Sorry, just my opinion.

You should probably read unread posts before replying then :p

Also, this poll is missing the option, I want RoHOS to have a suppression system different than RoOST's or DH's

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It was totally different in the previous version.

Anyway what you don't see from that video is that the suppression takes away your stamina so you can't run nor dolphin jump to cover.

I remember that part, but it still doesn't keep you from effectivley returning fire at long range, as is shown in that video. Therefore, it does not work.

Upvote 0