• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How to Fix the M14

sorry, but do you work for Tripwire Interactive? that's what i thought.....

so either argue points to support your opinion or refute other's opinions, or shut your pie hole :p

Excuse me? Who the heck do you think you are? You don't work with Tripwire Interactive either(As far as I know, if I am wrong correct me but don't rub it in :)) therefore you have no right to talk. The M14EBR is semi-automatic battle rifle to is designed for the sharpshooter and the SCARMK17 is a fully automatic Battle rifle designed for the commando. Whats the point of swaping them? You could just give the SCAR iron sights and the M14EBR a scope? But swapping them? C'mon thats like suggesting the Bullpup and AK shud go to the demo and the nade launchers should go to firebug! The M14EBR WILL STAY WITH THE SHARPSHOOTEE AND THE SCARMK17 WILL STAY WITH THE COMMANDO. TWI is probably laughing at the fact the you even suggested this in the first place. Your simply waisting your energy suggestion this man. I think we've got the answer to the thread now can you please stop acting like an ignorant fool? I would most appreciate this, thank you. :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So you want to turn AK into tier 1, which is a nerf, then nerf either the EBR or SCAR to fit tier 2 plus add weight so they cant both be held simultaneously

I dont see your logic, why do all that nerfing and moving around + adding new weapons and weight to make it balanced for a commando, when you could just nerf the EBR instead to make it balanced for the sharpshooter?

if you go back and re-read my post, that's not exactly what i wanted. i said my ideal solution would be to:

back to my original stance of the commando having 4 weapons and SCAR/EBR both as tier3 weapons, i thought it'd be pointless to go messing around with tweeking the numbers of 3 weapons. that's why i liked the idea that CandleJack (i think) mentioned about adding the L85 to replace the bullpup as the commando's tier1 so that the medic could recieve another "weapon", and the commando's current tier2 and tier3 (including the EBR assuming it was moved) wouldn't need to be touched.

so after all that, not one weapon's numbers have to be tweeked. 2 weapons are moved (EBR and bullpup), 1 brand new weapon is added (L85). three perks receive attention. the SS gets the nerf if needs. Medic gets a boost it needs. Commando stays balanced, BUT gets a new weapon for people to enjoy so that they get some love from TW too :D

i only provided the "AK as tier1" idea should people really believe that the commando having 4 weapons would be too much. but like you (and i) said, that would be more hassle than it's worth especially since my "ideal" suggestion would require the least amount of work.

What about my precious bullpup? :eek::eek::eek:

you could play as medic to use the bullpup.....but the commando would have a nice, shiny new L85 (the bullpup's :cool: older brother) :)

Excuse me? Who the heck do you think you are? You don't work with Tripwire Interactive either therefore you have no right to talk.

i'm a board member just as you are. the difference between us regarding this thread is that i am contributing calm, meaningful discussion to the thread while all you are doing is contributing nothing by your unsupported opinion and lack of respect towards other people and their comments. that gives me the right to talk and you the right to leave ;)

The M14EBR is semi-automatic battle rifle to is designed for the sharpshooter and the SCARMK17 is a fully automatic Battle rifle designed for the commando.

no it's not simple. please go back and re-read the facts stated that show otherwise. both weapons by their current design are effective for spamming. the only difference between the two weapons are the perk attributes and bonuses that are currently being applied to them due to their current perk alotment.

Whats the point of swaping them?

i've explained that enough already....please re-read the thread to familiarize yourself with the discussion and arguements already made

You could just give the SCAR iron sights and the M14EBR a scope?

that wouldn't come close to solving the overall problem or even help reduce it. the EBR would still be easy to spam from the hip and remain just as effective at it as it currently is. the SCAR having/not having a scope isn't an issue. the weapon is already balanced and is not in discussion. the EBR is the focus here

C'mon thats like suggesting the Bullpup and AK shud go to the demo and the nade launchers should go to firebug!

that's quite an exagerated (and absurd) comparision. are you trying to hint that you're just trolling me here? if this is a serious rebutal, then please elaberate on why exactly my idea is as "rediculous" as suggesting that the AK and bullpup should go to the demo and the nade launchers to the firebug......i'm all ears and would love to see you try to support that comment.

The M14EBR WILL STAY WITH THE SHARPSHOOTEE AND THE SCARMK17 WILL STAY WITH THE COMMANDO.

you already said that....so i'll politely ask you again, can you provide a logical arguement with corresponding facts/statistics to support that conclusion?

TWI is probably laughing at the fact the you even suggested this in the first place.

you first assume they read all this to begin with, which is probably unlikely. however, i beg to differ about them laughing at it. why? i assume that TW has as much intelligence and common sense as i believe they do. if you actually look at the suggestion in it's entirety, it's really an effective and practical solution. the problem is that some people such as yourself, refuse to actually look at the suggestion and its support, and blinding attack it simply because you "don't like it".

Your simply waisting your energy suggestion this man.

i might be......but its not like it takes so much time or energy away from my life to post what i post. i also quite enjoy these kind of things just to see the how people act/react.....think of it as a sociology/pyschology case study. and honestly, my gaming time is replaced by my forum time due to being bored by the games i currently own and no other games that interest me are out yet (ROHOS) or are reasonably priced for me to buy it.

I think we've got the answer to the thread now can you please stop acting like an ignorant fool?

i believe "arrogant" would be the appropriate word you want to use to describe the way you think i'm acting, not ignorant. you however would be the ignorant one as you obviously haven't even seriously looked at the suggestion or arguements that support it. as for an answer, there is no answer until the game is updated and this suggestion is implimented, or until TW closes the thread and says "sorry, we won't be implimenting the idea"......until one of those happens, i don't mind continuing to calmly keep the discussion going.

I would most appreciate this, thank you.

just as i would most appreciate you actually contributing something valuable to the thread......or just honorably bowing out if you cannot contribute anything meaningful to the discussion. ;)

Upvote 0
that's why i liked the idea that CandleJack (i think) mentioned about adding the L85 to replace the bullpup as the commando's tier1 so that the medic could recieve another "weapon", and the commando's current tier2 and tier3 (including the EBR assuming it was moved) wouldn't need to be touched.

so after all that, not one weapon's numbers have to be tweeked. 2 weapons are moved (EBR and bullpup), 1 brand new weapon is added (L85). three perks receive attention. the SS gets the nerf if needs. Medic gets a boost it needs. Commando stays balanced, BUT gets a new weapon for people to enjoy so that they get some love from TW too :D

Yeah, that was me suggesting the L85 :D

I just thought that a pretty cool dude out in the effort to port the weapon, so we should use it :)

Upvote 0
Still dont understand how you came to that solution for the EBR

its just so all over the place and unecessary when theres (I assume) much less time consuming ways of balancing the EBR

ok this is about as simple as i can put it.....ready?

the EBR is essentially (based on the stats...look back a couple posts) the SCAR with SS attributes and bonuses applied to it. because of the SS bonuses, the weapon is currently allowing the SS to not only use it to be effective at spamming and filling the mop up role, but also allowing it to do the SS's job of "precision shooting" against the big guys (FP, scrake). so, as its most effective use is in the game is for spamming, which is what the commando perk is designed for, then move the weapon to that perk. no tweeking any numbers, no having to test any of those tweeks, just a simple move to a more appropriate perk and the weapon would be perfectly balanced.

is that not simple enough?

the L85/bullpup portions are aside from the main step of my suggestion and likewise not that difficult to comprehend. all it takes is a little time to actually read and understand what's being said to get it.

yeah Jack, who ported that L85? i seem to have the name on the tip of my tongue.....who was that guy?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The M14 has no place in Killing Floor period. Everyone is trying to make a square fit into a round shape. Instead give SS a bolt action hunting rifle with 8x scope and serious stopping power and be done with it. If they shoot from the hip then they'll have to sellotape a little cross hair to the middle of their VDU since the laser is a no no - and its a bolt action so they are not going to get very far doing that as the horde descends on them. That way they can't rambo with it gunslinging from the hip and the SS class will finally do what it was always supposed to do... and that is pick off targets in the distance. Then we have a nice clear separation between SS and Commando which because of the stupid M14 (which I refuse to use out of principle) have to much cross over and currently share the same space in the game. The End.

Reactions: _Duke_
Upvote 0
Look at what we have become... I thought we were all friends? We waisted all of our energy blabbing on about the M14EBR! Instead of making a huge list of suggestions(something that is not guaranteed to be implented but it's worth the shot), this one suggestion was made, to move the M14EBR over to another perk! Why? Whats the point? You figure it would be easier to make a bunch of suggestions of how to fix it but instead a huge arguement was started and got us nowhere! What if the M14EBR was put over to the Commando and the SCARMK17 was put over to the Sharpshooter? One, maybe two people would be satisfied! If not more, possibly less? How about I make a poll about whether the SCAR and M14 should stay with their current perks? :IS2:

Upvote 0
How about I make a poll about whether the SCAR and M14 should stay with their current perks? :IS2:

No beacause the result would be predictable: Something like 99% M14 stays at SS and Scar stays at Commando.
The reason why this is predicable: The Commando perk is currently fine no reason to **** that one up aswell.

The M14 has no place in Killing Floor period. Everyone is trying to make a square fit into a round shape. Instead give SS a bolt action hunting rifle with 8x scope and serious stopping power and be done with it ... Then we have a nice clear separation between SS and Commando

Yes that's what would do too:

... if I had to chose I would replace the weapon ...

Upvote 0
@ OP:

I agreed with you on especially some particular points:

Swapping the laser and scope between the SCAR and M14. That would make them fit their roles way better. Scope is more sniperish, Laser is more assaultish. (I have even suggested this myself before :p)

Increasing the weight (and on SCAR too). It's too powerful to weigh that little.

However, instead of reducing rate of fire, i would say reduce the recoil-benefit a little. That makes you requiring to aim a little more between each shot, both hipshots and scoped shots.
The LAR could be the steadier rifle, cheaper, and lesser in weight weapon in contrast :p (And the bullets should hit harder too, but only slightly)

Upvote 0
you could play as medic to use the bullpup.....but the commando would have a nice, shiny new L85 (the bullpup's :cool: older brother) :)

Hmm, I certainly do have mixed feelings about this. :confused:

I loved the bullpup because of its awesome spamming ability and the sound the falling shells make during sustained gunfire. :cool::cool::cool:

But I can play medic (which I do sometimes) and get a double mag size for that? :eek: And I get a bigger gun for the commando? :)

EDIT: Well, I'm not going to say "yes" or "no" on this. But if the pup does get moved, I would love a shiny L85. Or a Bren Gun. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
polls aren't always the best option.....i mean the United States polls our citizens every 4 years to elect a president and let's reflect on how well that typically turns out......usually it's an EPIC OBAMANATION :D

and yes, i caught the sarcasm of the original comment, but it opened the doors to let me make a political joke so i had to jump on it :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
polls aren't always the best option.....i mean the United States polls our citizens every 4 years to elect a president and let's reflect on how well that typically turns out......usually it's an EPIC OBAMANATION :D

and yes, i caught the sarcasm of the original comment, but it opened the doors to let me make a political joke so i had to jump on it :)

Obama is cool.
He tells stories, all about how, his life gets flipped upside down. you should listen.

Upvote 0