• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Will we see our feet?

Looks like 1st person animations are already done, so I doubt it, as that'll probably require a lot of redoing of it.

Of course Ramm was asking about TrackIR a while ago, which works really well with full body modeling, ala ARMAII.
I don't see what first person animations have to do with seeing your legs. AFAIK you make the 3rd person player model visible in the first person -- at least that's how I've seen it done in other games like MOH:Airborne.

Upvote 0
I don't see what first person animations have to do with seeing your legs. AFAIK you make the 3rd person player model visible in the first person -- at least that's how I've seen it done in other games like MOH:Airborne.

Exactly. If they've made high detail 1st person player models, why would they throw them away to put in the 3rd player model.

We know it's a separate 1st person animation than 3rd person, since we see 1st person bolting, and 1st person double hand sprint holding on Germans.

Remember, it's not just the feet that'll have to be modeled, but the shoulders, torso, etc...

Upvote 0
Exactly. If they've made high detail 1st person player models, why would they throw them away to put in the 3rd player model.

We know it's a separate 1st person animation than 3rd person, since we see 1st person bolting, and 1st person double hand sprint holding on Germans.

Remember, it's not just the feet that'll have to be modeled, but the shoulders, torso, etc...
Oh well I suppose if you want full Track IR functionality, they'll have to model that stuff for it to look right. But there are ways you can do it, where you have first person models for the gun, arms, and hands, and have the 3rd person model only be the legs and lower torso. For an example of this, download the HL2 mod Resistance and Liberation. Like it or hate it, the devs did it the way I showed above and it looks fine. But again if you are using track IR, it would look wierd probably.

Upvote 0
Id love it if we saw our bodies, gives you more of a sense of actually having a character there than just a floating weapon. Plus, its realistic is it not? i think thats more than enough reason for including it.

I agree. Especially since they added that weapon collision system that will give you the impression of that you are actually holding an object, not just a model that is stuck to the camera. Not having the legs visible would kind of kill that effect.

Upvote 0
After playing a lot of OFP, ArmA and ArmA2 I have to say that I don't really care about this feature.

Don't forget that if the first person body is the same as the 3rd person body that a lot of potential issues are somewhat resolved. I hope that at least the camera in the players head is synced with the 3rd person model.

Like in RO for instance there is a bug where you are laying prone in 3rd person while you're standing up in first person ;).

Last edited:
Upvote 0