• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Just not understanding

Hello, I've had RO since release and played it quite heavily untill i decided to move on to other things.. I recently installed it again after finding the lack of team play in games today quite dire :\

My only problem is after all this time of not playing have i missed anything because it's almost like people have no sway on their weapons or they even have crosshairs or something because i seem to get killed by people running and gunning including with bolt actions.

I mean it's physically impossible to do it on this game to simply run with an auto and be able to control the accuracy almost 100% of the time.

I just dont understand what i've missed but it feels like i'm being left out completely.

Even sometimes i can see someone as clear as day i take my time to aim and fire but in the time i've managed to do that they've managed to take me out and 2-3 other people in the process.

I mean the sheer kick from the weapon should be enough to make someone have to take aim again right?

I mean can people actually disable weapon sway? Surely thats the only way possible to be able to be so accurate with so much speed.

Now i'm not usually the type of person to browse forums looking for reasons to whine but i really do feel like im missing something here.

Last edited:
it's simple.......everyone cheats :cool::D

jk, like koba and lettland said, the game has been out and people playing since 2006. after all the hours of practice people have gotten, there's a good amount of RO vets that can pull off some incredible things, hipshooting tends to be the most common "skill".

RO's steep learning curve is due in part to the fact that there's already a good amount of players that have mastered the game while new players are just getting started, so to a new player it feels twice as difficult. my suggestion would be to keep practicing. try to master the bolt action rifles first. hipshooting is all about spotting targets quickly and getting a feel for making shots. in order to develop that feel you have to take risky shots to develop muscle memory as where to aim etc.... so you have to take shots you think you'd never get a hit on. sure at first it may get you killed, but eventually you'll develop the skill.

other things that play into the game is people knowing maps like the back of their hand, knowing "secret" hiding spots, knowing the ins and outs of certain features etc... after investing hours of practice, anyone can master the intricacies of the game ;)

welcome to the game and the forums and don't be discouraged! keep at it and just look to have always have a fun time and not take it too seriously. it's only a matter of time before ROHOS will come out and everyone will be new again :)

Upvote 0